• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Help evicting the Rodent Hotel

jamosdad

I’m hoping someone has an idea to help. This actually applies to all vehicles, grills, or anything else that warms up. If you live in a cold weather area you know that when you park your rig critters climb into that warm bossom of an engine. Just yesterday the wife started my H3 and the wipers shot a mouse clear across the driveway.

I went to clean my air filter and the things had about 3200 acorn shells in it. Anyone have any suggestions?

JPaul

Snorkel will keep them out of the air box, or pull the wheel liner off and put some screen over the inlet.

Tomcats do a good job at mousing.

Poison in strategic spots will probably help reduce the population as well.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Gunner_45

Super Moderator
Staff member
Try prying a cat head from betwixt the drive belt pulleys and such of your sister's Camarro on the side of I-45 with nothing but a branch from a pecan tree.

The worst/best part (depending on how you feel about cats) was the sound the head made when it finally came loose and hit the driveway.

I still grin at that sound and the screams or horror from my sister and her 3 little buddies.

No idea where the rest of the cat was.

As for Rodents, they get everywhere, all year round here in Texas.

Just depends on how long you let your **** sit.

4speedfunk

DON’T USE POISON. It’s far better to either trap or repel. A poisoned critter will often crawl somewhere deep inside your vehicle and die. Within a day or two, the most disgusting stink will start to emerge. It can be near impossible to find and remove the rotting corpse.
A buddy of mine had a Vette with a dead something somewhere inside it. Anytime you parked it in the sun...it would absolutely reek! So bad you could smell it from 20 feet away. It smelled so bad that he could not sell it. He never did find the source and finally took a lowball offer for thousands less.

Gunner_45

Super Moderator
Staff member
This company got a mention in one of the 4X4 magazines I got this month.

https://mouseblocker.com/

No clue as to how effective it is.

From the site:

[FONT=&quot]The Mouse Blocker is a 12 Volt powered device releasing a proprietary ultrahigh frequency noise (similar to that of a jackhammer) to deter mice from nesting in your automobile. The Mouse Blocker is designed to be stable in this harsh environment of well below zero temperatures in Canada to the very hot under hood temperatures in Arizona. Our Anti Rodent Tape is designed to be easily used like conventional electrical tape however our tape has Capsaicin from Hot Peppers built in allowing you to simply wrap wiring, wiring harnesses and tubing to protect them from the teeth of rodents that can cause severe damage to your vehicle.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Mouse Blocker units run exclusively off a vehicle’s 12V battery and draw only as much power as an LCD clock (Classic model .1 watts, PRO model .6 watts). This allows the Mouse Blocker Classic to run for months in a vehicle without draining the battery. The Mouse Blocker is perfect for all vehicles with a current mouse problem or one’s that are stored indoors, such as motorcycles, tractors, hot rods and dirt bikes.[/FONT]