• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

UPDATED! Group Buy - tomp low profile shock mounts

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
UPDATED: Pricing has been received and we're ready to move forward with a group purchase.

Seeing the recent interest on the tomp low profile shock mounts, I'm starting a thread to see if there's enough interest for a group buy. We actually need to determine interest before we can get the pricing. These were about $350 several years ago for a set; I expect that to be higher now with the price of steel. We may explore an aluminum option for comparison.

These save about 1" over OEM for ground clearance and present no sharp edges. I used to get hung up on the bolts before I had these installed. With these mounts, you'll trim down the hangar bolts after installation.

We need ten firm buyers to get this going. Once we firm up the group buy, payment is required in advance. The kit does include the bolt for mounting the shock to the mount.

These are $370 for a set including domestic US shipping. If you are 100% in please let me know. Once 10+ orders are funded, the order will be placed.

Leafs2%20%284%29-L.jpg

Order List
NamePaid?
1BW_hummerH3Yes
2DFW SpartanYes
3FanugyYes
4jphh20Yes
5EndeavoredH3Yes
6JTRXYes
7PbSlingerYes
8JakesZ28Yes
9JakesZ28 #2 (if needed)Yes
10H3trex
112010H3TalphaYes
12Faded501sYes

I can grab more pictures at home if needed.

Last edited:

EndeavoredH3

Are these a step up from schwartzy’s leaf spring mounts? If so I’m interested, as long as the price isn’t rediculous.

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
I sold my set of these for about $350.00 approximately a year ago. Very well made. A definite upgrade for your H3 and well worth it if you go off-road at all.

tomp

Hey Guys, just thought I'd check in. My apologies I'm not around the groups any longer. Alex reached out to me for this as he still has my contact information. I drive a 2015 Power Wagon now, went through a divorce after being married 18 years, had to move, changed jobs etc....so life has been busy.

These have always sold for 350 per set which includes milled steel plates, shock bushing to prevent shock rattle and shock bolts. Last time we tried to do a run of these the cost of steel was too high and the shop was complaining that milling out steel was damaging their machines. The goal is to keep them at 350 as this seems like something worth it in everyone's eyes in the past. If the cost to produce them goes beyond that, I'm not sure there would be enough interest to justify having them produced. I'm still waiting on the quote to come back. I'm glad to see there is still interest but we need to get to a minimum of quantity 10 sets in order to have them produced.

JPaul

And we're all feeling that pain now...I have to now place an order for an arb bumper :(
I've thought about switching to an ARB bumper, I want a bull bar and was thinking of eventually building one to mount to my Thorparts bumper, but maybe we can work something out?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Updated - we have a price! Including USPS flat rate shipping in the US, these mounts are $370 for the pair. We need at least ten buyers to be able to place the order. If you are 100% in, please let me know. I'll keep a tally in the first post. Once I have your confirmation, and as we approach 10 sets, you'll be sent a Paypal link to pay for your order. Payment does have to be placed before these are manufactured. Thanks to Tomp for getting this all put together.