• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Jeep Gladiator

kilroy

Was just noticing Jeep's site for the Gladiator that they have "borrowed" the Hummer tagline "Like nothing else". Wow, Guess GM didn't trademark that like everything else Hummer.

08H3

It is a cool truck. Saw it at Indy Auto show.
IMG_20181230_120905.jpg
IMG_20181230_120558.jpg

Alpha X

Was just noticing Jeep's site for the Gladiator that they have "borrowed" the Hummer tagline "Like nothing else". Wow, Guess GM didn't trademark that like everything else Hummer.

I looked around the Gladiator website and didn't see it. If you find it again post a photo.

H3V8

If you wanted some more overhang, this H3 alpha long edition popped up on craigslight that seems like the right fit. A lot cheaper than the gladiator too! :giggle:

6OwhdBv.png

Big2dabank

I could dig it if Jeep would chop 1 foot out of the length of the bed and give a 2-Door option. This would be the perfect Jeep.

EDIT..

Ok maybe not chop the bed, I think it helps the proportions a bit, but definitely a 2-door.
2020-Jeep-Gladiator-Gallery-Exterior-Grey-Overland-Parked_v2.jpg

Last edited:

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
RE: the trademark, it may be expired especially since it's no longer in use. Trademarks are not necessarily forever, and they do have to be in use to be protected.

Big2dabank

Let's extend the bed to put the spare under the truck so it can get banged up, punctured and/or mangled. We can even up-sell a spare tire skid plate, Genius! It probably needs one anyway with that overhang. I know I would not want my spare in harms way, because the day I would have to use it is probably the same days its trashed to hell and won't hold air. The good side is there are plenty of Jeepers around to bum a wheel/tire from.

I suspect anyone who plans on wheeling these will have to rely on a pretty beefy skid to protect the underside of that overhang or will remove the spare from the underside and use a bed or tailgate mount instead.

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
I remember AJ's Disco in Moab. Had a hitch receiver that would stop a tank, Sparks and awful noise when he slid off of stuff but no damage...to speak of.

Alpha X

Let's extend the bed to put the spare under the truck so it can get banged up, punctured and/or mangled. We can even up-sell a spare tire skid plate, Genius! It probably needs one anyway with that overhang. I know I would not want my spare in harms way, because the day I would have to use it is probably the same days its trashed to hell and won't hold air. The good side is there are plenty of Jeepers around to bum a wheel/tire from.

I suspect anyone who plans on wheeling these will have to rely on a pretty beefy skid to protect the underside of that overhang or will remove the spare from the underside and use a bed or tailgate mount instead.

You know the H3T has room for a 35" spare in the same location, right? I don't think damaging the spare in that spot during wheeling is common.