• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

New exhaust system help

glpd74

So looking for some ideas and suggestions on running all new exhaust from the motor back. Had a small hole in the muffler that I was going to replace but when I got under it to measure the pipe size, I found one of the pipes broken by a clamp along with a large crack coming off the motor so I’m thinking of taking it to a custom muffler shop and having a whole new system ran. New headers, hi flow cats, 3” duals that come out to stock exit just over axle hump with a pass through muffler.

Any suggestions on products or run it different. Horsepower and torque would be nice to increase but would also like to keep good torque numbers good at low rpms. Long tube or short tube headers. One muffler vs 2. Stock exit or somewhere else. Any help would be appreciated.

TJ

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

loud_pipes

Sub’d. I run a Corsa catback and I love it. However, I now have a manifold leak and want to replace them with short headers. Many of the threads I’ve read are pretty dated, so I’m wondering if anyone has a header product recommendation update they includes a longer term experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TonkaTank93

For roughly $2,200 (if you get the most expensive selections of both products), it seems to be a highly sought after system. Gives you a low grumble at idle and barks when you step on it. I wonder what the noise is like when cruising at 70mph. Anyways, stainless steel is a great way to go on exhaust, so I would say that if you're okay with dropping the money on it, pick it up and let us know how you like it!

glpd74

I guess we will find out. I shopped around to get a little better price but I did go with both kits. All the reading I could find on here and the interweb looked like the dynatech was a really good kit and well worth the money. Now it’s just a waiting game for everything to show up. I thought about getting a new air intake tube like docs cause I’m just running stock with an afe filter but in researching it doesn’t seem like it would make a difference.

TonkaTank93

K&N intakes are also good. I'm going to be doing an airflow (intake and exhaust) upgrade on my H2, then run it over to the dyno shop to get it tuned for the differences and see if there's any actual improvment

glpd74

Since we basically have a cold intake already and with the higher flow afe filter, the only missing was a straight tube vs our baffled tube system so figured it really wouldn’t be noticeable changing out the tube. I have an in tune 2 so eventually will get a custom tune instead of just running the stock tunes on the in tune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SGT-Wright

Did you get the exhaust system replaced yet? Any install issues? My exhaust manifold is leaking and I am looking for suitable bolt on replacements.

glpd74

I actually had my buddies shop do the work. I was worried about the manifold bolts breaking and I don’t have the skills it that happened. Turns out it was a good choice cause they had issues with every bolt. As far as the new kit, everything went very smoothly.

As far as performance, you really feel it when you start getting between 3,000 and 3,500 rpms. I still need to regear to 4.88 but that will b awhile.

Anybody have any ideas on getting better torque down low besides motor rebuild or super chargers. I didn’t think much about replacing the intake tube but I saw a vid of a dyno test done with just replacing a baffled tube with a straight tube and it really helped the torque curve down low.