• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Going to look at an H2 near Denver, Colorado

High Five H2

I'm going to look at this H2 in Colorado next week:

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/755775050/overview/

It's exactly the H2 I've been looking for for years. It has high miles but it won't be a DD so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Can anyone tell what lift that is, or if there's a way to tell if it's been re-geared? Common issues I should look for? Would anyone like to check it out for me :-D or maybe go wheeling with me if (yeah right, WHEN) I buy it?

Ok thanks everyone. It's been a while since I've owned a hummer and I miss you guys *tear* My little X5 just doesn't do the trick.

MilamJR

Looks nice. I would check for evidence of water leaks from clearance lights or sunroof. Also, check to see if air ride has been replaced with springs yet. If not you eventually will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

High Five H2

Looks nice. I would check for evidence of water leaks from clearance lights or sunroof. Also, check to see if air ride has been replaced with springs yet. If not you eventually will.

I'll check that, thanks. This one is lifted so i'm hoping the air suspension is gone. I've never had good luck with them before, in fact I've swapped out air suspension in 2 cars so far - my X5 and my old crown vic.

Looks good and the price is good too. That’s my favorite factory Hummer interior

Same here. So hard to find, too. That's what I've been holding out for.

Gunner_45

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wonder what that carpet over the drivers side knee panel is hiding?

When I see stuff like that, it makes me wonder about "hacks" and the one's you do not notice.

Stock pic for ref.

48792948.jpg

High Five H2

Wonder what that carpet over the drivers side knee panel is hiding?

When I see stuff like that, it makes me wonder about "hacks" and the one's you do not notice.

Stock pic for ref.

48792948.jpg

Good point, I’ll make sure to ask about that.

Gunner_45

Super Moderator
Staff member
Really like the truck a lot (love black and that is my favorite interior as well).

I also notice there are two light switches on the left panel but no exterior off road lights.

Also notice there are no running-fog lights in the factory locations.

Might pay to really look at the wiring and such.

Not trying to dissuade you in any way ..... Just bringing it up due to a friends experience.

Have a buddy with a recently purchased, gently used Jeep, who is currently plagued with electrical issues.

He knew there had been a lot of AM electronics added and they had been removed prior to the sale.

He did NOT know however, they were all self installed by what could be generously described as a novice.

Just a word to the wise.

Let us know what you find.

Good luck.

High Five H2

Here are some photos of the truck from the previous owner. That carpet patch is so they could attach velcro item holders.

fbd79d14a64b95086ae0c2718f674d61.jpg
c5016aac4022e4d93029b04b2ff3a5ed.jpg
8d8572e13a371e4477f5d717d34ddae0.jpg
93e758d81d9247bee6b650c350729a59.jpg
ef0dd15da0febee79fd1f6356df62f17.jpg
8b01d067c799d2db850a007d32e086a0.jpg
17af815afed21d07463cad90b24dfaa8.jpg

Oh man that’s good info! I sent him a message but no reply yet.

Also I’m signing the papers now. Don’t tell my wife.

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Shoot, I thought the carpet was to hide the blood stains.

So, we're going to see this in Moab in April, right?