• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

front coil over conversion

Dunesday

Has anyone done a coil over conversion on the front suspension? I just hate having my T-bar hang down so low below my frame. (I have a 6" fabtec)

I've seen some kits on the gm 2500's but non specifically for the h2. am I kind of **** out of luck and need to fab one up myself from scratch?

​​​​​​​Thanks for your replies.

glpd74

Aren’t they both the same in front. By chance you got a link of the kit you were looking at

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dunesday

I can look for the one I was looking at and link it but it was about 7g’s and didnt even look that well designed. I’m going to be building my own kit designed specifically for the h2 and with stock mounting. Probably will take me a month or two to get alll angles and geometry right but when I finish I’ll be sure to post a build thread and might even make some replicas to sell on here if I’m up for it. 7000 is a ridiculous price even with having the money

glpd74

I’ve thought about coil overs but some of the kits I’ve seen use the existing mounts with added brackets so you actually lose travel. I’ve thought about cutting off the top frame bucket and adding a taller one to retain stock travel. Not sure how much more travel we can go over stock with stock cv’s and other stock parts. I would definitely be interested in seeing your design and purchase a kit from you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk