• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Any Michigan peeps want to help out?

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
I got a journalist that wants to do a piece on Hummers. He needs to get some wheel time to get a true understanding of the vehicles. I think we need to focus on H2s, H3s and/or H3Ts. Anyone want to meet up with him and take him out? It would be even better if a few of y'all could meet with him.

Acer4LO

This seems awesome! So he located in Michigan? Not sure if he has the time, but if he can come to Illinois (An hour west from the Chicago Area) I would be down. If he can't do it, I would be down to skype him or do some type of interview.

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Thanks. He's in Detroit. I know he wants wheel time, and I can present this as an option if nothing more local opens up for him.

Calamitygirl

Born to Wheel
Hey Alrock I'm finally settled in Michigan now, did anything else materialize with that media guy? I'm ready to get back into wheeling and the new Holly Oaks park is open just a few more weeks before it shuts down for winter! Anxious to hear what you know!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Smith2513

Holly Oaks

I went to Holly Oaks the Saturday after it opened. I took the H2 adventure. It has a several different levels. I need to get out there with my H3 Alpha. I think that would be more fun with the smaller body. There are alot of small areas i couldnt get into.
There is quite a bit to do even with only half the park open. It is better than the Mounds with more to do.
I need to figure out how to post picture.

Oh yeah it gets really dusty there.

Calamitygirl

Born to Wheel
Would love to meet you out at Holly Oaks sometime. Looks like this season is over but hopefully spring will be here soon!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Calamitygirl

Born to Wheel
Offroad Event in Michigan

I[OIIIIIIIO]I;240586 said:
I am over in Grand Rapids but I would be interested in helping out or doing a trail ride/off road park anytime.[/QUO

I would be interested in helping plan/organize a day to Holly Oaks ORV Park, Holly, MI. Do we have many Michigan peeps?

Has anyone been there yet? It was described to me as a good place if you don't want body damage, which would be me, since Solar is still my daily driver LOL 176,000 just put a rebuilt trans and she is still running great!

Smith2513

I would be interested in a Hummer event. I do not know any other Hummer owner that take it offroad.

I habe been there once at Holly Oaks the first weekend it opened. I normally go to silver lake on the sand dunes.

I have had my Hummer about 4 now and have been looking for a local event.

Do either of you have any thoughts? Is there anyome else out there interested?