• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

2019 Black Sheep Week - April 21

jakesz28

Not a lot to do to get the Alpha ready, need to get the fluids changed/checked, put the UCP back on, and that's pretty much it, everything else is just gravy.

Funny you said put the UCP back on. I bought a press, straightened mine, and finally welded the Thor Parts plates to it. Hopefully it comes home straighter, then the last time I was in Moab.

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Due to some unforseen and unfortunate circumstances, there is no way that the truck will be ready in time.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

LagunaH1

Due to some unforseen and unfortunate circumstances, there is no way that the truck will be ready in time.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I plan on bringing the power wagon and the Jeep, you’d be welcome to either and / or riding along

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

High Five H2

OK, i just requested a week off and ordered a shirt so I CAN'T flake out now! I'll be there with my wife and 3 kids. Any suggestions on where to stay? My youngest turns 1 on april 24 so i dunno if we want to camp.

oh hey i just realized we'll have his B day down there. rad.

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
There are now several chain hotels in the area that you can look up. The old standby has been Motel 6 - it's not a bad hotel but still pricey. Several of us have moved to condos that we find on VRBO or Airbnb. KOA has cabins with or without bathrooms.

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Motel 6 has been the cheapest of the pretty decent hotels. Usually th first Saturday and Sunday rates are higher until all the Jeep peeps have cleared out.

Kurt

If anyone wants to split a vacation rental still, I'm up for that.

I'm on the fence of getting a hotel room again but given the cost for the week it's just as well to get a vacation rental but its overkill for one guy to rent a 3-4 bedroom house :D

Last few trips I rented at the La Quinta Inn and racked up a score of points on their rewards program. That motel was decently priced and is in central moab.

speedy

Sir Welds a Lot
23350C7C-4A90-4287-9873-FB909F10A6E8.jpegHey Meesstteerr can I get some sttteerrrkeerrrs

Last edited:

JPaul

If anyone wants to split a vacation rental still, I'm up for that.

I'm on the fence of getting a hotel room again but given the cost for the week it's just as well to get a vacation rental but its overkill for one guy to rent a 3-4 bedroom house :D

Last few trips I rented at the La Quinta Inn and racked up a score of points on their rewards program. That motel was decently priced and is in central moab.

Kurt, I'd be interested but with getting ready to list our house I can't say with 100% certainty that I will be able to make it and I wouldn't want to leave you hanging if I had to bail out. I'd also only be looking to spend $400-$500 or so for the week, any more than that and I'll just camp out at Neo's. For the $800 or so I've found some rooms on AirBnB I can outfit my trailer with some good camping gear that I can use for other trips as well, like a shower and water heater and such. That's my current plan unless something works out.

Kurt

Kurt, I'd be interested but with getting ready to list our house I can't say with 100% certainty that I will be able to make it and I wouldn't want to leave you hanging if I had to bail out. I'd also only be looking to spend $400-$500 or so for the week, any more than that and I'll just camp out at Neo's. For the $800 or so I've found some rooms on AirBnB I can outfit my trailer with some good camping gear that I can use for other trips as well, like a shower and water heater and such. That's my current plan unless something works out.

It's an option.

My housing situation is going to be pretty last minute. Worse case I do what I did before and get a La Quinta Room again, right now I may have some extra folks coming along which means we'll have a vacation condo and still have room for an extra person..

That's Franco and Jo from LA, but they're not 100% certain if they are both going or not, they just sold both their H1's but picked up a Colorado ZR2 off-road package they wouldn't mind taking out to Moab.

If that falls through I'll get a room for $1000 for 5 knights or whatever OR I can rent a tiny travel trailer for $400-500 if there's room at Neo's.

It's all good.