• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

2019 Black Sheep Week - April 21

LagunaH1

Well, looks like I *WILL* be able to make it, and there is a good chance Sabita will be able to join me.

Now to decide on how to prep the jeep..... the wish list looks like this:

Long arm kit (probably Iron Rock Off road)
T-Case with better crawl ratio
Bead locking rims

I'll be lucky if I get 1 out of these 3 done, LOL

So, in total, the workup cycle will consist of:

Decide on how to prep the Jeep
Prep the Jeep.
Service the truck (Brakes, Transmission, T-case and diff fluids)
Get trailer inspected and serviced as needed
Ideally, see about getting brakes installed on the 2nd axle, trailer came with brakes only on 1 axle.

Kurt

Hey everyone, I'm booking time off for the trip, trucks good 2 go, although I'll probably take it "business casual" on trail difficulty. Only Issue is I got a business trip a few weeks before and the schedule at work may not permit me to take "2 weeks" away within such a short period of time.

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Alright, I'm already thinking about our Sunday trail even though I normally don't do this. Poison Spider, minus the trip to the overlook? Modestly difficult, a bit more than our typical Sunday easy trails. Open to suggestions. I'm sure Hell's Revenge will appear on Monday or Tuesday depending on how our group forms.

bebe

We are all set.

The goal is to bring the H3 this year. We still have a couple of projects to make sure it's ready. Failing that -we'll bring the H3T and the Rzr.

See you all in about 3 months!

Neo

Badfish
Alright, I'm already thinking about our Sunday trail even though I normally don't do this. Poison Spider, minus the trip to the overlook? Modestly difficult, a bit more than our typical Sunday easy trails. Open to suggestions. I'm sure Hell's Revenge will appear on Monday or Tuesday depending on how our group forms.

sounds great i'll plan on taking the Z and getting some cool pics that day...

Kurt

I pulled myself out of the business trip pool for March, that way I'm guaranteed time off for April for Moab.

Checking with a few friends/locals to see if I can get any +1's to come along, whats a good website to look for condo rentals? I heard short term rentals got banned in Moab itself but outside the immediate town its still ok?

Last edited:

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Got the condo booked.

Next: Jeep workup cycle to begin.
Awesome! Sorry I didn't get back to you via email but I was on a series of planes.

How much work do you have to do to the Jeep? Reloader brought up the idea of having you trailer it out here for the work, which could save you money even with the gas expense.

Anchorism

Hmmm.... depending on my work schedule, I may be able to talk the wife into trying to attend. Last year we took the hummer out for the weekend before jeep safari and had a blast! Would love to go again...Did an Easter egg hunt at the top of chickens corners. Was a lot of fun!
IMG_20180324_171902.jpg

Anchorism

I think the easy way would have to work... my wife and kids use them all the time so I need to retain them. Although I've thought about making some rocker guards with built in removable steps.

jakesz28

I may try to make it back out. The last couple times I tried work got in the way. If I tow the H3 is there a place to park a truck and trailer? I guess I should see if there are rooms available.