• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

A/C hot on one side and cold on the other side? Any of you guys dealt with this befor

xxbigjohn79xx

Probationary Member
My driver side is super cold , yet it blows super hot air on the driver side. I saw some hacks online were you take off the evac fuse and let it recalibrate and that worked for the time being but once I turned the vehicle off or like a day later it would go back to doing the same. Any experiences guys ? Thanks in advance for any help .

H

harveyspecter

My driver side is super cold , yet it blows super hot air on the driver side. I saw some hacks online were you take off the evac fuse and let it recalibrate and that worked for the time being but once I turned the vehicle off or like a day later it would go back to doing the same. Any experiences guys ? Thanks in advance for any help
What happened when overcharged AC system in your car?? Read here to see the solutions.

Have you find out any issue? My friend has the same problem with you

Bmonts h3

Try replacing the actuators first then if that doesnt work then try hvac control module im currently having same problems with mine and once u replace dont let the truck die or dont undo the battery alot because it tears up the actuators.

f5moab

Mr. Beretta
Disconnecting the battery will "tear" up the actuators? Please explain.....
Will disconnecting the battery possible (POSSIBLY) cause the actuators to unsink....maybe. However, when the AC control module is started up it does a self-test and a re-sink of all necessary components.

Bmonts h3

Everytime the system has to reset it makes the actuators have to go through reset which tears them up quicker from what i understand this is information i was told from a ac shop.

Last edited:

f5moab

Mr. Beretta
Yep, I always believe the tech at the shop.:giggle: A reset does not add any greater damage to the actuators than their normal use by the controller during you daily travels and changing the AC controls to suit your needs.

But really, replace the components before trying a reset cause a reset might wear out the actuators. If an AC shop told you that I would look for a new AC shop.

Bmonts h3

Yeah i agree sounded fishy lol. They also wanted 600 bucks to replace 2 of the blend door actuators ill be buying the parts myself and doing for about 60 bucks instead

BlueSteeleHorse07

More than likely, the temp door actuator.

Had the same issue couple months ago, shop replaced the actuator, since they replaced it had been using the air conditioner a lot, (average temp here in Central TX, 102 degrees, but weather finally getting cooler, no issues with the heat, either.

MilamJR

Yeah i agree sounded fishy lol. They also wanted 600 bucks to replace 2 of the blend door actuators ill be buying the parts myself and doing for about 60 bucks instead
Mine just started doing the same thing after the battery died and had to be replaced. How do you perform the reset? If that doesn't work do you have the part number for the actuators? Thanks.