• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Old-Timer-Newbie

SoonerH3X

Probationary Member
Just signed on to the site. My wife and I own two H3s; a 2007 H3X and 2008 H3. Purchased our '07 new in March '07 and immediately fell in love with it. We recently had the engine rebuilt at ~204,000 miles. We liked that one so much we looked all over the country for another H3X and found an '09. It was a great addition to our '07 but on April 4, 2017 my wife and granddaughter were hit head-on when the other vehicle was struck from behind and propelled into my wife's lane. By the grace of God and the toughness of Hummer, my wife suffered only minor injuries and our granddaughter was unharmed. Unfortunately, the '09 was totaled. So, we found the '08. Both vehicles have been outstanding, and we have no intention of selling or trading. It was a very bad decision on GM's part to discontinue Hummer.

SoCalH3

Welcome! Glad your wife & granddaughter walked away from that accident. Few head on collisions are that fortunate.

No doubt GM should've kept Hummer going. Huge mistake.

SoonerH3X

Probationary Member
Hey SoCal, many thanks, and thanks for the suggestion to go to the H3 forum. Will do. Your Alpha looks beastly! An aside, my dad was in the !st MarDiv in Korea. Served under Chesty. Started out as part of the fire brigade at Pusan, then made the end-run and hit Inchon. Of course, later at Chosin. I was going until knee banged up. Coulda woulda shoulda.

SoCalH3

Thanks. That's cool about your Dad! I was in 3rd MarDiv. I was in the Reserves and was activated for Desert Storm, but just ended up going to Okinawa and staying there about a year