• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

LA area trips Turkey week?

rascole

I'm supposed to be off all Thanksgiving week and I'm looking to run some trails if anyone is interested. Planning to hit Cleghorn, Pilot Rock, Crab Flats and up to Big Bear.

Zach

Mall Crawler
Isn’t most of Cleghorn closed off now? I’d love to get out, but with work and all, having a GF, yeah! Surprising to some of you [emoji1787]. Next weekend is booked also

rascole

I heard a lot of obstacles are closed but the trail was open as of Sept. 10, the last video I seen. Only 1 way to find out.

Zach

Mall Crawler
I heard a lot of obstacles are closed but the trail was open as of Sept. 10, the last video I seen. Only 1 way to find out.

From what I’ve heard, just the fire road is open. All the bypasses are fenced off. If you do go out there, I would love to hear if it’s true. That was a fun trail, well most parts lol.

rascole

Just got back to my brother in laws house in Lake Arrowhead. Great 2 days of easy trails. Zach, Cleghorn has about half the bypasses fenced off, plenty of obstacles to hit and have fun. After Cleghorn we drove over to Pilot Rock trail which is a little tougher than Cleghorn but only a couple of obstacles. Then we drove to Willow Springs/Crab Flats trail and that finished out day in Arrowhead.
Day 2 - Today we tried to finish Crab Flats and head over to Holcomb Valley but Crab Flats turned black diamond on us real quick. Turned around and took the highway over to the beginning of Holcomb Valley and drove the 26 miles. Ate lunch in Big Bear then took Skyline trail above the ski resorts. Nothing difficult, just a relaxing 2 days away.

Zach

Mall Crawler
Sounds like a fun couple of days. Thank you for checking out Cleghorn. I was very reluctant about going out there, but might have to check it out[emoji106]