• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

B.f.e.t. Trailer

glpd74

Bigfoot expedition trailer, b.f.e.t., since my daughter loves Bigfoot. Bought this m101a2 trailer a couple years ago. Intended to use it for camping and put a rtt on it so I had a base camp. Well thought it would be a good idea to turn it into a off-road teardrop so I cut the sides off and began building the outer shell. Well the wife stayed in a fifth wheel and after she told me not to build it because she would never stay in it. So I welded the old side back on and used it as a regular trailer

Well after wearing her down and remote camping on beaches, she finally understood the capabilities and the possibilities of where we camp with this style trailer so build was back on. Learning my lesson from before, I just built a rack and put a rtt on. Wife fell in love with the new style of camping and is hooked[emoji3]
ba0a68bc5e9ed7f57c5cc7ebe4543ee6.jpg
f82083ee2ea56192be35a6a2d33c2f83.jpg

Before I even got everything painted, I found a work topper for 200 bucks. Couldn’t pass it up so i snagged it. Well I had to cut the rack off and redo it because of the side doors[emoji30]
b973323eaa32eb19f6c6e506d14038bc.jpg
adcb9d7d8591e861e7f010f91922b104.jpg

Further plans are to build out a kitchen, matching tires, electric and other misc crap but it is working awesome for now. Bought an annex for the tent so now it’s a two story tent. Nice hangout area below and changing area with sleeping up top. Being up top you get a little extra breeze and they feel safer being up there instead of on the ground.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

glpd74

Thanks man. It’s taken some time and along with the wife but everything’s been working out great from weeklong trips to warrior weekend camping.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk