• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

My Gobi roof rack order and wait time

svxr8dr

It's arrived!!!
11:09am Pacific
Day 196 or 28 weeks on the nose
Initial impressions are that it is extremely well packed. I'm having a neighbor help me install when he and I get home from our respective jobs.
Gobipackage.JPG

svxr8dr

Damn fine product, well put thought out and well put together, While I wasn't crazy about the wait time I would still steer people interested in a rack towards Gobi.
IMG_0239.jpg
IMG_0240.jpg
IMG_0241.jpg

Acer4LO

Dang it looks really good! It looks like yours is a bit different than mine. It seems that your cross bars are removable. Mine are welded in place. Thats kinda nice to be able to remove them if you want to bolt down somthing customer like a gas can or pelican case.

svxr8dr

Interesting, they are definitely removable/adjustable. I wondered if there were revsions over the years with the design. Oddly enough Pelican cases are the number one thing for me to be transporting on this

svxr8dr

Since Im an apparent gluton for punishment I ordered some accessories from Gobi - Tool box, Ax/Shover attachment, High Lift Attachment and the tie down system. Order date 03/30/19. Just got the tracking info and the order arrives Saturday 08/24/19 - Total wait time of 21 weeks.

jakesz28

Wow, I pulled off my old make shift rack (warrior products) and was considering one of these because they look better and is a lower profile. Not if the wait time is like that.