• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

3d print files for 7inch led headlight adapters

Well I built some LEDs for the headlights but they didn't work the way they should have. Turns out after you put the grill on it cuts off a lot of the top of the headlight......

35cexao.jpg

mhcc5s.jpg

SolidusJ

Man!?! Really nice work on this whole project!? Anything for the fog lamps with them matching the same upgrade style as the headlights?

Man!?! Really nice work on this whole project!? Anything for the fog lamps with them matching the same upgrade style as the headlights?

Once I get the headlights how I want them, I will move to the fog lights. Don't know if I'm going led or making projector hid fog lights yet... thanks for the compliments.

Justin

SolidusJ

Once I get the headlights how I want them, I will move to the fog lights. Don't know if I'm going led or making projector hid fog lights yet... thanks for the compliments.

Justin

Dude, I would so buy a new set of lamps and send them to you for an upgrade. Are the lights plug and play?

I figured out how to get low and highbeam working with the led headlights...... I went ahead and installed the 5.75 headlights in the factory housing. I will get more pictures this weekend because I don't get home before daylight.

2uq1us9.jpg

2rgosaq.jpg

H3Trex

Wow! Thanks for doing this Justinwidebody!

I've been looking at these round lights for a bit on eBay, and some other sights, wondering how on earth I could adapt them to a square/rectangle hole. A couple questions if you have a moment:
1. LED vs HID Projector - which one gave you the best beam pattern and lighting. I've got my suspicions, but I've never seen those sealed and custom 7 inch LED in action and wanted to get your opinion of them
2. The 5.75 inch vs the 7 inch LED, Any significant change in light output? I really like the look of the 5.75 that you placed into the factory housing. I think that would be one of the best options to keep the crud out of the area. Especially if you wheel [which I do].

Thanks again for adding to our community and keeping this awesome platform of a 4x4 rolling!
I figured out how to get low and highbeam working with the led headlights...... I went ahead and installed the 5.75 headlights in the factory housing. I will get more pictures this weekend because I don't get home before daylight.

2uq1us9.jpg

2rgosaq.jpg

HID will always have a better beam pattern than led. With that said, the 5.75 led lights place a good amount of light. I need to revise the design of the insert for the 5.75 headlight because at the moment it points too high and not straight. The lights both point outwards. I have the lights at the correct height but the grill doesn't like how far down to get the correct height. I think the 5.75 led version looks the best, and also produces the best Halo running light, if you like halos...... Plus it's also the cheapest solution. I will add the 3d print file for the 5.75 led headlights after I revise them. The way you mount them is you open up your headlight, and put double sided sticky tape on the back of the adapter then stick it to the factory headlight base. Very simple. Hope this answers all your questions. Let me know if you have anymore.

Justin

Wow! Thanks for doing this Justinwidebody!

I've been looking at these round lights for a bit on eBay, and some other sights, wondering how on earth I could adapt them to a square/rectangle hole. A couple questions if you have a moment:
1. LED vs HID Projector - which one gave you the best beam pattern and lighting. I've got my suspicions, but I've never seen those sealed and custom 7 inch LED in action and wanted to get your opinion of them
2. The 5.75 inch vs the 7 inch LED, Any significant change in light output? I really like the look of the 5.75 that you placed into the factory housing. I think that would be one of the best options to keep the crud out of the area. Especially if you wheel [which I do].

Thanks again for adding to our community and keeping this awesome platform of a 4x4 rolling!

chinsH3

Digging this idea! When you get the new updated 5.75 design down, I am going to get a set made. This opens up a new realm of lighting for our H3s, thanks for putting it all together!

kavik12

Probationary Member
Thanks for sharing! I tried to have this printed and the measurements went to printer in mm, I believe should be in inches?

Mountaincur

I know I'm a little late to the thread but thanks for sharing your work Justin, changed my mind from doing a projector retrofit and now going with the 5.75 leds. Just curious before I start tearing into stuff, is the adapter to switch from negative switching to positive switching the only thing you needed to wire these? And also what cutting did you do to the headlight to get the adapter to fit?

Thanks again

Rrudiaz

Thank you for posting this Justin. Is the 7" a little too big? This 5.75" looks pretty good fit. Do you have more pics for the 7"? Is there any issues with the 7" adapter?

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

RamRod

Thanks for sharing! I tried to have this printed and the measurements went to printer in mm, I believe should be in inches?

Strange, I just pulled up the scaling and it says the item in the file is 6 x 6 x2mm. Does anyone know what is the real size of the 7 inch adapters so I can get this scaled to the right size?

RamRod

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3088147

Above is a link to print headlight adapters to make most 7 inch Led headlights work in the hummer h3.

If anyone can come up with a better design please let me know and I will see what I can do.
Hope someone can enjoy these

Justin

Thanks for hosting these Justin!!

Just wondering if you can comment on the real size of these prints (shows up as 6x6x2mm)

Thanks!
Mike