• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.
  • The Swap Meet is not a regulated market, and buyers/sellers are not screened. Please do your homework before agreeing to anyone for any purchases or sales. If you have any questions about the user, please contact @Alrock via private message and I will attempt to provide any relevant information about the person, including location based on IP address. This is not a guarantee or promise of delivery but the addtional information may be helpful to you in your transaction. There are no guarantees here so use your judgement. Consider payment options like PayPal that have recourse (only when treated as a sale, and not as % between friends). Scammers will often use Zelle or ask for PayPal between friends because you cannot reclaim the money in the event of fraud or non-delivery. If a user has just joined and/or has few posts they should be viewed very cautiously.

H3 Solid Axle parts for sale

H3slate

Brush raked
I have a D44 passenger drop axle and components for a solid axle build for sale

Yukon Gears 5.13 gears for D44 part#YG-D44-513 *new* $200 plus shipping

Yukon Gears D44 master rebuild kit part#YK D44 *new* $190 shipping included

Brackets for spring over rear axle build $100 shipping included

D44 passenger drop axle from a 1975 Chevy truck. Includes the H3 compatible ABS 6 lug hubs from Thorparts, new wheel bearings and seals, ARB air locker, and flat top knuckle. Axle currently has 4.09 gearing. Also included are the coil mount, control arm mount, shock mounts, and adjustable coil bucket brackets from Thorparts. The axle is currently located in Washington, the hubs and shock/coil brackets have not been installed. $1200 plus shipping

pm with any questions or pic requests.

H3slate

Brush raked
What’s going on?! Selling the roof rack, the axle, an H3?

Well, yes I am. Roof rack and front bumper have already sold, actually sold it to a guy who is driving my original 06 H3. Was pretty cool to see my old truck again and to know that the rack and bumper were going to be on it.

I purchased an 2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2 diesel in June and haven't looked back. Already have 7,500 miles on it and really love this truck. My H3 was a great truck and I really enjoyed the perks of the Championship edition over my 06, but I am ready to see where my adventures take me in the ZR2.

cbetts

NERD!!!
Well, yes I am. Roof rack and front bumper have already sold, actually sold it to a guy who is driving my original 06 H3. Was pretty cool to see my old truck again and to know that the rack and bumper were going to be on it.

I purchased an 2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2 diesel in June and haven't looked back. Already have 7,500 miles on it and really love this truck. My H3 was a great truck and I really enjoyed the perks of the Championship edition over my 06, but I am ready to see where my adventures take me in the ZR2.

I really liked your first rig, but I may be a little biased . . . :)

I hope you post your Colorado adventures here. I would like to see how it does. I have been tempted to replace Ol' Bessie but I can't find anything that I want. I really like the wheelbase of the H3 along with the manual transmission. With 110K hard miles, I need to make a decision soon. Right now I am leaning towards a powertrain rebuild.

Then again, there is a 72 K-5 for sale in my neighborhood . . . .

H3slate

Brush raked
Hey, tried to pm you but your inbox is full. The axle is in Monroe, WA, the hubs and mounting brackets are at my house in Portland, OR. I can get the box of parts up to Monroe on Monday if your friend can pick up the axle and box of parts from Monroe. Let me know through pm, then we can connect through phone or email.

Erik

H3slate

Brush raked
I really liked your first rig, but I may be a little biased . . . :)

I hope you post your Colorado adventures here. I would like to see how it does. I have been tempted to replace Ol' Bessie but I can't find anything that I want. I really like the wheelbase of the H3 along with the manual transmission. With 110K hard miles, I need to make a decision soon. Right now I am leaning towards a powertrain rebuild.

Then again, there is a 72 K-5 for sale in my neighborhood . . . .

I was surprised that I found something that could replace the H3 myself. Scarsman has an 2017 ZR2 and we have been on a few wheeling adventures together with his new truck and my H3. His ZR2 would go anywhere mine would, and it made it look easy. With the Duramax Diesel it climbs anything and does it at low rpm so no wheel spin. Obviously it would benefit from bigger tires, but i have been very impressed with his truck.

I purchased mine in June, then went on a 3,700 mile road trip. It was amazing, very comfortable ride, smooth consistent power, nice additional features compared to the H3 (good backup camera, good cruise control, front and rear locker, useful info in the dash led screen, and twice the fuel range of the H3. I averaged 23 mpg on my road trip, and was able to drive 400+ miles between fill ups.

The ZR2 is a longer wheelbase which takes some getting used to, but low end torque of the diesel, front and rear lockers, and hill decent control make up for the wheelbase. Even though it is rated at 187 hp, it has plenty of get up and go and will easily pass vehicles at any speed. It is an adjustment to driving a truck, but I do like the added cargo area in the bed, and plenty of options for storage and accessories.

20180710_132109.jpg

rascole

Hey, tried to pm you but your inbox is full. The axle is in Monroe, WA, the hubs and mounting brackets are at my house in Portland, OR. I can get the box of parts up to Monroe on Monday if your friend can pick up the axle and box of parts from Monroe. Let me know through pm, then we can connect through phone or email.

Erik
Inbox has been cleaned up.

4speedfunk

Hate to be a pessimist but, you might want to hang on to that SAS. After all...your new Colorado still has the same ole H3 front suspension design (with even more power put thru it). That SAS kit should fit it nicely. Keep the stock 4.10 gearing for the diesel.

rascole

Hate to be a pessimist but, you might want to hang on to that SAS. After all...your new Colorado still has the same ole H3 front suspension design (with even more power put thru it). That SAS kit should fit it nicely. Keep the stock 4.10 gearing for the diesel.
I would agree, but the baby Duramax can make 450 lb/ft of torque with a simple tune. D60 would be the logical step I think.

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
If I remember correctly I did some research on the diff. I thought the R&P is actually smaller then the H3!

atvspeed4

If I remember correctly I did some research on the diff. I thought the R&P is actually smaller then the H3!
When we got under the truck it looks like the exact same housing as the h3/ 1st gen Colorado but driver drop and obviously has passenger side axle disconnect but it's actually the Dana M200 ifs diff which I think has around an 7 7/8" ring gear. Still has the POS pinion bushing too but different size. Real disappointed especially since it does not have at least an iron diff.

Sorry to clutter your sale thread feel free to delete!

Last edited: