• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Guns...

AbsntMnded

What tickles your fancy for...

Hunting?

Target shooting/fun?

Conceal carry?

Home protection?

Collecting?

Zombie apocalypse?

Just trying to stir up some conversation. It's been quiet lately.

MuDnYrI

I just picked up this GLOCK 21 G4 a few weeks ago. As usual I modded it a bit :)

Attachments

• 2011-11-25_23-35-00_392.jpg
    2011-11-25_23-35-00_392.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 213
  • 2011-11-25_23-35-47_976.jpg
    2011-11-25_23-35-47_976.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 153

AbsntMnded

Very nice. Gotta love the night sites. My brother just picked up the Glock 36 for concealed carry (6+1 capacity). He has the Glock 19 on duty, and has nothing but good things to say about them.

I carry a S&W M&P 9c if I feel the need.

Now I'm feeling inadequate. :emb: Thanks guys. :giggle:

Last edited:

Trekker

That Guy
Very nice. Gotta love the night sites. My brother just picked up the Glock 36 for concealed carry (6+1 capacity). He has the Glock 19 on duty, and has nothing but good things to say about them.

I carry a S&W M&P 9c if I feel the need.

Now I'm feeling inadequate. :emb: Thanks guys. :giggle:

You can't go wrong with a Glock. My favorite concealed carry piece is a OD green G26 with Meprolight night sights:

DSC00012.JPG

Here's a 30 second exposure in complete darkness:
DSC00270.JPG

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Model 70 Pre 1964 Winchester in .270 and .308 for game, 20 gauge Benelli Montefeltro for Dove, Browning Featherlite 12 gauge for quail.Colt Mustang for concealed carry But that splits time with a Sig P 220Benelli M4 for home defense

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
There's gotta be a reason why not many H4O members are victims of car jacking or home invasions. :huh:
Unless you're dumb enough to have the gun outta reach when the guy puts his gun in your face. Ask me how I know about that one.

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
I guess I was getting at make/model. Or perhaps your collection is too numerous to count.:giggle:

Whoops my bad haha mis read the post! For a side arms i like either the .357 mag revolver, or a 45 semi auto. For plinking we have these carbines that shoot 9mm and .45, they are loads of fun. haven't gotten around to much hunting, but for the zombie apocalypse id carry a 10 gauge semi auto shotgun and the trusty ak-47!

Sent via Tapatalk

Flash

Mossberg 500 w/ 3 barrels - sold
Browning HP w/ 9 factory magazines - sold
Kahr K9 - sold
Tarus 3" 9 shot .22 revolver w/ 3 HK speedloaders - sold
Mitch Rosen ARG (for HP) - sold
DA .38 Derringer - sold
Colt Detective special (custom grips and Milt Sparks SS) - sold
Mossberg .410 Pump (modified) - sold
Marlin 39AS .22 Lever action - sold
Leupold Vari x II 4x12 scope - sold

Benelli 12ga. M4 -
Ruger .223 Ranch Rifle w/ Simmons 44mag 3x9 -
Dan Wesson .357 - 2.5" and 6" vent rib heavy shrouds (past PPC gun) -
Berretta .22 SAO (4" and 6" barrels) -
Taurus Titanium .38 snub -
Alessi shoulder holster -
Winchester Model 94 .357 carbine (16” barrel) -
1949 Winchester model 94 30/30 –

Looking at –
Glock 33 (.357 sig)
Ruger 77-357 bolt action
Ruger .223 target
Savage .22 target

I have been published in Women and Guns magazine and Phil Messina’s Modern Warrior (15-20 years ago). I have attended Massad Ayoob’s LFI (early 90’s) and trained in Anchorage Alaska (January '94/95/96?) when I was a member of ASLET (American Society of Law Enforcement Trainers). I have studied under Bruce Siddle of PPCT Inc and am a former certified PPCT instructor in Weapon retention/disarm and SHARP (Sexual Harassment Assault Rape Prevention).

I favor number 1 buck for home defense (12 ga) and the .357 in 125 grain SJHP. I think CorBon makes an outstanding 9mm round (115 gr +P) equating to .357 ballistics. The 9mm is the only round to achieve its optimum velocity from a 3” barrel. When I owned the Kahr and Browning HP, CorBon 115 gr +P was the round of choice.

I think the .357 sig round is the finest round for semi-auto handguns. It's design automatically eliminates feed failures due to the mating of a .40 calibre case necked down to receive the .357 bullet. Thus sending a small nose into a large hole. The ballistics are long proven on the street and the Glock 33 is a fine choice. I have been a long time fan of the 1911 style pistols and Kimber produces an outstanding weapon today. No other pistol fits my hand as nicely as a 1911 style frame. A 230 grain hollow point in .45 calibre is a staple for many pistoleros whose job depends on effectiveness.

Good thread.
NRA Life/Endowment/Patron member

Last edited:

skeptic

Plinking. Apparently the wife used to shoot a lot, gun ranges and such. She does not like the only nearby gun range that either of us know of and I've never shot there, so our shooting is limited to the rare time we find ourselves in the mountains with a safe back drop and nobody around. If I knew of a great place to plink we'd do it a ton more. I don't carry or hunt, but if I were able to get more range time I'd consider picking up a carry pistol and getting a CCW permit.

Silverton34

Have several over/under 12ga guns for trap and skeet. I coach the High School Trap Team and have a personal preference for skeet. Have 5 Browning BPS in all guages including the 10 ga. For Canada Geese. Recently bought a Ruger LCP for a carry gun, old Glock 17 for the briefcase and ordered a Springfield 1911 Tournament Match for a fun hand canon. Oh, also a well optioned AR15 that my son keeps very well exercised.

AbsntMnded

Heard some good things about this pistol. How do you like it?

So far I like it. Don't have too much to compare to other than a few Glocks. For larger hands, the magazine with the extended grip (in the picture above) is a must to get your pinkie on the grip. I bought it from my brother (a Glock fan). He didn't like that the trigger reset felt longer than his Glock, but I think this is an artifact of the Glock's longer trigger pull from rest. I don't have a problem with it.

machineguneddie

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
My favorite subject. I'll try to post some pics up tomorrow night for you guys. I collect C&R's and military types and build some of my own. :eek:)

kflips

Guns are evil -- but if I were the devil I would own a remington 1187 super magnum shotgun for goose, 243 heavy barrell for varmint, a 6.8 spc for night hunting those dang coyotes, and a 270WSM for deer -- all hypothetical of course.

I hear that they all do well with hand loads and when attacking paper targets

AbsntMnded

Guns are evil -- but if I were the devil I would own a remington 1187 super magnum shotgun for goose, 243 heavy barrell for varmint, a 6.8 spc for night hunting those dang coyotes, and a 270WSM for deer -- all hypothetical of course.

I hear that they all do well with hand loads and when attacking paper targets

All good choices...if anyone here were into that sort of thing. :shifty: