• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

H3 Exhaust manifold

ludevick

Ordered it from GM parts club on Sunday got a tracking number Monday and it arrived on Friday. The packing left a little to be desired but nothing major. Also, may have tracked down a rough idle problem to a corroded ignition coil. I noticed while changing out the spark plugs over the weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blazed16

Cool???

I wish i ordered a brand new manifold when i needed but i let the shop talk me into welding it and knowing i could of ordered a new one for almost same cost im kicking my self now.

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Ha, I looked at getting mine welded but the cracks were huge, more like giant holes, so replacement was my only option.

lowtrac

Is there a “usual spot” the exhaust manifolds crack? I have one exhaust leak I know about and where it is, but I think there may be more.

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Here's what mine looked like
i-4NQcWdv-X3.jpg

i-tmcgncc-X3.jpg

ludevick

Mine was cracked almost the whole way around the part coming off the rear most cylinder. Shoulda grabbed pictures of it. The guy at the shop recommended against welding it. I checked out used parts but figured I’d rather play it safe. Also lucked out with the bolts being mostly intact. One broke but he said it was no problem removing and he had a spare. Also reused the old heat shield.

Sowedk

We went ahead and replaced ours too. I could tell it was leaking, but when I pulled it off I found the same crack.