• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Heavy duty radiator

grod98

Hey guys , looking for some advice on a heavy duty radiator for my h2 it’s a 08. I need a new one and really would like to upgrade, any suggestions? I have found a few but they are either dirt cheap or crazy expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grod98

Why the upgrade? Was your H2 running hot beforehand?

I do a lot of towing around 5600 lbs give or take, it’s on 40’s and geared to 488 and lately it’s been getting hot sometimes even when not towing it’s got 188k and I checked for leaks. The radiator is a cheap one I put in about 4 years ago so I’d like to get it up to par. And no it didn’t run hot before I’ve been on 40’s for a while now and never had a issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Hopefully some H2 owners chime in with firsthand experience. I don't recall hearing issues with the OEM setup in the H2 - it seems to cool well, and maybe that's the way to go. With a lot of towing, maybe upgrade the transmission cooler and/or put in auxiliary fans. For my H3, I saw temps go down a bit in every day driving when I went back to OEM vs. cheap aftermarket.

Zach

Mall Crawler
How hot is hot? If you’ve run this set up for a few years and no issue, and it just started, I would run the same radiator. Only problem the 2’s really had radiator wise was leaking from the cooler fittings. Maybe another issue going on? Tstat or such?