• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Oil on spark plugs 06 H3

CaddyStrophic

My 2006 3.5 had oil in the spark plugs and Wells, so I replaced the valve cover gasket with a kit and cleaned out the air box valve hose really good.

When I started it, it ran super rough, but after running at idle for about 40 minutes, it's smoothed out quite a bit.

I pulled some of the plugs out to look and there was fresh oil on them. If there was oil up in the top of the motor from the bad gasket, how long would it normally take to burn all of that stuff off and start running smoothly again?

I put brand new plugs in it and I've got all new coil packs heading my way in the mail.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Did you clean out the resonator? Did the throttle body have oil on it? Wondering if you are getting oil through the intake, as I suspect H32NV may be as well.

CaddyStrophic

Yeah, we used a brand new parts cleaner on everything to make sure it was all cleaned out. And when I'm letting it idle, I don't have the airbox attached, for easy access to coil packs and plugs.

ludevick

Which tube specifically? Maybe you could post a pic so we're clear on what you're seeing.

I found a thread about it and it sounds like its normal. It’s the tube from the crank case to the intake manifold that is some sort of vent. Had a small amount of oil visible in it. I’m not too worried about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CaddyStrophic

I found a thread about it and it sounds like its normal. It’s the tube from the crank case to the intake manifold that is some sort of vent. Had a small amount of oil visible in it. I’m not too worried about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I took the valve cover off and there is a tube under it that gets clogged up. I cleaned mine out really well and put new gaskets on and it's still getting oil on the plugs. Not sure what's going on, if maybe I need to let it run for a long time to burn off the existing oil in it.