• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Transmission

Hunner

When you know why your engine revs and very little forward movement occurs. 98,000+ but I only used it to go to the mall and back.

IMG_0293.JPG
IMG_0294.JPG
IMG_0295.JPG
IMG_0296.JPG

Last edited:

scoreh3

Yep that would be the 100000 mile GM transmission. My trans guy said they are good for 90000 to 120000 .

amrg

Is that scarring from the band in that last picture? I lost two transmissions for that reason, the band gave up! But your case is different!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Hunner

Is that scarring from the band in that last picture? I lost two transmissions for that reason, the band gave up! But your case is different!

Yes and then all that material packed into the filter until it overflowed everywhere.
IMG_0297.JPG
We looked at a wider band but only 1/4 inch more. Decided not to try it. Not sure it would last any longer and may give hard shifts. I already have a Flashpaq tow mode program.

Last edited:

amrg

I went with a wider band as well as a vette servo and a pressure boost valve. It does shift much harder, esp at WOT the traction control goes crazy 1-2 and I got used to it. The other day I drove humvee H3 with a new rebuilt trans and the difference in shift is huge.
Now how much would that part last I have no clue. But if you did buy a wider band the drum needs replacing otherwise the whole band wont sit on the face of the drum (old band wouldve made the drum wall abit thinner were it used to sit)

Hunner

I skipped the vet servo since the tune from the Flashpaq seems good for towing my boat in D without down shifting a lot. I would just like to get back what I had.

Hunner

Yeah Casey has been to my "mall"

Replaced a lot of things. Did replace the drum and did use wider band. I may mis-state the names of some of this but it now has 9 plates instead of 6. Different sunshell, and solinoids, input speed sensor and a whole sheet of "stuff" including the input drum. Complete overhaul with upgrades.

I got some worn older tires for now but it will bark the front ones shifting to 2 with my foot in it. I won't be doing that I'm just saying it's not slipping. Some of that is if my airbags and not pumped enough the front end lifts and wheels toe in helping it happen. Like when people thought I broke tire rods when mine articulate more than stock when hung up or high centered.

I had synthetic fluid put in the tranny, front and rear diff and transfer case. Anyway, hope to be good for another 98,000 or more.