• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

A Full Rancho Lift Kit is For Sale On Craigslist

Acer4LO

Holy crap this is rarer than a set of OEM Marker lights... JUMP ON THIS NOW! Lol is this Traxx or Ramrod selling these?

Out of curiosity, do you guys think it is worth the price? I am wondering because I eventually want to do a SAS and would be looking to sell the rancho to help fund the project.

https://skagit.craigslist.org/pts/d/hummer-h3-rancho-4-lift-kit/6617670115.html

i-NvHrgX3-XL.jpg

i-GmkGxpv-XL.jpg

Traxx

Considering how many emails i've gotten about it apparently I should be asking more.

H3V8

I'm interested in it, but I've always had two big concerns:
1) Replacing broken parts on the rancho since it's no longer made.
2) How much clearance it actually adds compared to 35s + T-bar crank

Acer4LO

I'm interested in it, but I've always had two big concerns:
1) Replacing broken parts on the rancho since it's no longer made.
2) How much clearance it actually adds compared to 35s + T-bar crank

I don't think it would be that bad to replace a part if it broke for the most part

Here is my break down. Please correct me if you think I am wrong.

Shocks: Super Easy, the ranchos suck anyway
Skid Plate: Really easy to fab
Sway Bar Links: Buy a JKS disco
Rear Bump Stock Blocks: Pretty Easy
Leafs: Could easily be replaced with some research

Torsion Bar Mounts: Could possibly be substituted with another lift kit peice
Front Bump Stop Ext: Maybe could be fabbed?
Links: Could probably be made or find a substitute
MISC Peices: Could be fabbed maybe?
Front Crossmember: Could be fabbed by a shop

Rear Cross member peice: Probably would be hard to fab
Steering Knuckles: Near Impossible, unless you have the right machinery

Now none of this factors in cost or anything like that but it gives a basic idea that it can be done if absolutely needed. Also you might be able to reach out to Rancho directly and see if they would be able to make you a piece. No guarantees there but it might be possible.

Traxx

The knuckles are the only piece that would be overly difficult to reproduce or repair. Any decent fab shop can repair or build the crossmembers and bracketry, the links, poly bushing, shocks, etc are all off the shelf stuff that at most require a little researching. Really it's all a bit academic, If you're hit hard enough to ruin the crossmembers or knuckles I would imagine the lift kit to be the least of your problems that day. I keep a stated loss policy on the truck and mods in case it's stolen or hit by some bonehead with minimum coverage. Or in case i'm the bonehead and have one of those yea, I can make that moments.

The only thing that I would consider modding for strength would be the rear braces. I had thought about just chopping up the front half of the oem ucp and welding it to them.

A torsion lift brings you up 1 in and does nothing for the rear. The lift is 3 in the rear and 4 in the front plus the difference of your stock 32 or 33's to 35's. It's a very noticeable difference.

Traxx

Shipped. I have some other T specific stuff to sell though. Sliders, Hard roll tonneau. Returning mine to stock.