• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Neo's house, H1 gone in a massive fire

f5moab

Mr. Beretta
That is terrible news. But what I feared when I email you. I thought it would be after talking with a friend who lives on another street in the area. But the guy I know down the street was not allowed to go down Lasal to see what was left and what was gone. So did you talk to Steve? Article only says the H3 is gone.
No more Hummer outpost...a shrine is gone.
Steve, when you read this call me. Doug

Last edited:

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
That is terrible news. But what I feared when I email you. I thought it would be after talking with a friend who lives on another street in the area. But the guy I know down the street was not allowed to go down Lasal to see what was left and what was gone. So did you talk to Steve? Article only says the H3 is gone.
No more Hummer outpost...a shrine is gone.
Steve, when you read this call me. Doug
It mentions his 1993 Hummer. But I wouldn't be surprised if the H3 was gone too.

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yep. At least Neo says we was well insured. Wonder how the straw house next door did? Neo I got a room in Texas with your name on it buddy. Anytime.

LagunaH1

I am beyond shocked. So many memories from the outpost. This is horrible news. Moab won’t ever be the same without the outpost. But.... that’s just me being selfish. I’m not the one who lost their home.

Neo, I wish I could make it better for you man.

Is there anything you need? Is there anything we can do for you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JPaul

Oh man that sucks! I saw the headline earlier but didn't think much of it, had no idea it was Neo's place. I hope the H3 at least didn't burn, I think it might not have since the photo in there is taken from where he usually parks his H3. I also wonder about his cats, the article doesn't mention anything about them, just the neighbors cats. :(

I'll echo the same sentiment others have, if you need anything let me know!

rascole

Sucks big time. The house and H1 may be gone but Neo and neighbors are OK thank goodness. If any of you that are close to Neo start a donation fund please let us know. Would like to donate and help.

LagunaH1

If any of you that are close to Neo start a donation fund please let us know. Would like to donate and help.

The local article F5 linked to mentions an account having been set up with Grand County Credit Union. According to the article, donations can be made to the "cinema court fire"

Neo

Badfish
We are okay, the cats are safe in Colorado we moved them over there about a month and a half ago thank god. house and h1 are gone, completely gone. the fire started about 500 yards down the creek, burned houses on the next street over then Bill's and the abandoned house went up. Jimmy and Kathy's houses survived but it was sketchy at first. Dogs are fine too, we are staying at the Gonzo, they are letting all the victims of the fire stay here for free. don't need anything but thank you for all the support and offers. one thing you can check on is finding another 92-93 2 man hardtop, and the h3 is fine so don't worry about that ;) no phone and all my computers are gone except for the laptop... i'll post and try to keep you updated as things progress. meet with State Farm tomorrow and will walk the neighborhood with the adjuster.

heading back to Colorado tomorrow night with the dogs but will be back in Moab on Monday, Tina' s # is 970-759-9094 it's the only contact we have for now. still in disbelief, but we are fine...
thanks again for the love and support, Neo

f5moab

Mr. Beretta
[FONT=&amp]Be safe....dude. It was great to hear from you.

Keep us informed. I was going to head down there in Oct., but heck if you aren't around, only people I know work for the BLM and many of them are leaving too. Heck, it seems like everyone I know is leaving Moab.[/FONT]

Last edited:

Neo

Badfish
Jimmy's house made it, i'll shoot a video when we come back on Monday showing the losses. the log house on the corner made it too but lost their shop. and the straw bale is still standing... thanks again everyone

Neo

Badfish
Doug, feel free to post those pix i emailed you, i can't get them to post, maybe you'll have better luck. thanks

[FONT=&amp]Be safe....dude. It was great to hear from you.

Keep us informed. I was going to head down there in Oct., but heck if you aren't around, only people I know work for the BLM and many of them are leaving too. Heck, it seems like everyone I know is leaving Moab.[/FONT]