• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Neo's house, H1 gone in a massive fire

Sewie

Neo - old friend. So sorry to hear about this. Been a long time but such good memories at your place. If you need anything, don't hesitate to reach out.

f5moab

Mr. Beretta
Doug, feel free to post those pix i emailed you, i can't get them to post, maybe you'll have better luck. thanks
No problem got you covered. Those are some photos. And the H1 looks very sad....

AcPXrSd.jpg

yCluMUY.jpg

ufdlljW.jpg

M698Mbt.jpg

And per Steve....THE FLAG STILL FLIES.....

gw35bXi.jpg

Zach

Mall Crawler
Ahhhhh **** Neo! That is horrible. If you need anything I’m here and everyone else is here too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

JPaul

Glad to hear you two and all your pets are ok. That's the most important thing. Really too bad about everything else. I'll keep an eye out for another 2 door for you, I know I've seen them on KSL in the past. There is an '86 on there right now, but they want 20k for it which seems a bit high, though it looks to be in nice condition.

Those pics are incredible, that fire must have burned incredibly hot, especially to leave so little of your Hummer left even if the body is mostly aluminum.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Big2dabank

OMG, just getting caught up and the first thing I see is a post about this fire. I am glad everyone is safe and you are in good spirits. My heart goes out to everyone who lost so much in this fire. Tragedy and devastation can hit anyone of us at the unlikeliest times and a lifetime of memories and cherished items can be gone forever in an instant. I know its tough, so many irreplaceable things, lost. Be safe rummaging through the aftermath, its well worth the time and energy. I know people who have found priceless memorabilia largely untouched under the charred remains of other items. I know tangible things do not define who we are, but those things hold a deep personal value and memories that are truly priceless. Good luck in your recovery.

MilamJR

Sorry to hear about this trial you are in the middle of. We were at Moab Memorial Day weekend and you could tell how dry it was. Check out Iron Planet if you would be interested in a military H1. They auction them for the Government on their site. I think if you are patient you can find something there at a good price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deserth3

Once you go to their site look under GovPlanet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you manage to find something at Hill AFB. I'm only about a mile from the base.
As of last week there were 4 HUMVEE's with ambiulance packages sitting in the yard. As far as I can tell the haven't gone up on the block yet. There's also a couple or 3 that have been fixed up.
Good Luck

Last edited:

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Glad to hear you are safe. Very, very sorry to hear this terrible news. and if there is anything you need or anything I can do to help, please let me know. We are here for you my good friend.

-Luis

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Highatop

Glad to hear from you Neo and everyone is safe. After everything settles down and you have a plan. Let us know if we can help, we are only a day away...Good luck

Neo

Badfish
new address... and we'll have a condo for 4 months starting in a couple of weeks at Orchard Grove in Moab while we take care of setting up a travel trailer and utilities on the burned property and get the business up and running again. luckily i moved the Bobcat and processor about 6 months ago. and the majority of our wood was here too. the wrapping table survived, it's a little charred but usable. thanks again everyone.

• 14092 ROAD 22
  • DOLORES, CO 81323-9115

H32NV

Neo,

I am so sorry to hear about this, but am relieved that you and the pets are safe. What memories were made in that yard. Please reach out if you need anything in Colorado. Glad you are insured. I'll be in Fruita quite a bit this summer, hope to be able to say hi.

-Rob

Neo

Badfish
We're hanging in there, it's a long process dealing with the insurance... have been looking at new houses the last week. from Farmington to Grand Junction. will see what they have in Durango too before we decide on what to order for replacement. we really like this one and it would look nice along the creek.

https://www.claytonwaco2.com/details/32CAB32603AH

doing the Ensenada and Catalina cruise in Aug with the family, maybe a detour through Nor Cal on the way back, you guys be around between Aug 17 and 20th ?