• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Colorado Springs mechanic/shops?

BEFE

I am looking for recommendations on a local shop in Colorado Springs to have regular maintenance done.

My son is stationed at the Academy and has been to a couple places for an oil change only and was told at one place he needed a new engine and transmission and another gave him a quote for 2500$ worth of suspension work. Both shops asked him the same thing, whos picking you up (itll take awhile) and how do you want to pay? I know the truck is sound as I checked it over when he was back a few weeks ago. Just looking for a trustworthy mechanic/shop, which seems to be hard to find these days.

Both these shops were recommended to him from others on base, Pep boys and Mitas. I have the quote from Pepboys and am going to email their corporate and see what they think of this.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

DJinCO

Heavens NO. Christian Brothers on East Woodmen has a good reputation.
Aspen Auto (on Tutt Near Sky Socks Stadium, across from CarMax) is the place I use. I use them for all three of my vehicles, and really have been happy.
Honest Accurate on Tutt near the Aspen Auto, also has a good reputation, the sales ad claims that the mechanics are salary vice commission, so no "up sale" pressure.

What are the "supposed symptoms" of a blown engine and suspension? What tests did the perform, or was this an "expert" opinion.

BEFE

Thanks for the recommendations DJ.

The repairs were recommended from the "top mechanic" at both shops. They didnt preform any test just did an oil change and came to my son with this and that needs to be done. My son was back last week and I went through the trailblazer. There are no issues with it. One thing I will say is it does need new tires, so they got that close to right, 3/32 tread left, 750$ for 245s haa. We are planning to put a little lift and new rubber on it in the near future.

Really looking for somewhere that is trust worthy, in the event something comes up I/we cant get to.

My son my not have the knowledge and resources to pull apart an engine or suspension but he knows better than to be taken advantage of.