• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Greetings from Bend!

Ethan

Probationary Member
Greetings!

Thank you for being here and reading my intro!

I just picked up a White 2006 H3 with the manual 5spd with 126K and am totally digging it!

Although...I did pick up a bit of project with the 06... haha! The head issue was never handled during the warranty period, so it's gonna be a little journey here to get this H3 dialed in and I will surely be needing your help!

I plan to adventure with my 10 year old son here in Central Oregon, and beyond. So mainly looking for bullet proof reliability with any upgrades i make, whether that be fixing the current head, or swapping in a 3.7l, or another nicely compatible GM engine. Any suggestions for bullet proof swaps would be much appreciated! (I'm a big fan of the 6.0l but don't have any idea how it would swap in)

And, I'm facing a periodic problem of the engine stalling and then dying when taking off in 1st gear (I've been driving manuals for 30 years, so i know how to drive them), which is something i need to get squared away considering I'm carting around a 10 year old and its just dangerous to pull out into traffic and having the H3 die on me in the middle of cross-traffic, yikes! It can also stumble on me out of no-where while driving.

Anyway, dig the ride and I know there are solutions for all this stuff, so here we go!!!

H3slate

Brush raked
Hi and welcome!! Check the bolts on the intake manifold, they have been known to back out. My truck didn't stall, but would have poor acceleration at times with this problem. My first H3 was a manual and I really enjoyed driving it. They are also somewhat rare as most dealers would order the trucks with the automatic.

I have some oem under carriage protection I would sell if you are interested. I do make it over to Bend at least 3 times a year.

Schwarttzy

Sponsor
Welcome to the forums!

hello.gif

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Welcome to H4O! Replacing the head, or swapping in 3.7, would be two most economical resolutions. A lot more work on the 6.0 swap. You can look up the swap 06 H3 did to put a 5.3 in.