• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

H13/9008 headlight bulb replacement

west_coast_h3

Probationary Member
I'm New to this forum. First post....
If this topic has been posted before please remove, if not please move to the correct area.
Bought wife a 2008 H3 a few months ago and have had poor headlight beams.
However the lights are very bright and not nowhere near yellow.
The beams seemed to be working backwards. Had the local dealer adjust headlights.
Driving home last night we had trouble seeing the roadway after the adjustment, it was no better than before adjusting.
The beams were still reversed. Today I decided to check the wiring, no problem found. Found that the bulbs were installed incorrectly.
The H13/9008 3 tab lens socket will accept the bulb in two different orientations, the correct way and the wrong way.
If you can read the print on the bulb base when installed (horizontal), that is the wrong orientation. Bulb base should be near vertical with the release clip to the side, vertical.
Tools needed ... eyes, fingers.
Remember to read the "how to directions" when install new bulbs.
Disclaimer: At my age most things I try to explain... people can't understand.

RamRod

Man oh man!

I had a shop replace a burnt out bulb when I was in for some other service.... next time I drove it the pass side light looked like it was burnt out already! Go to check it out and they didn't even bother to get the tabs in, it was just sitting loose in the hole!!

Stealerships suck around here!

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk