Welcome to the H4O - HUMMER 4x4 Off Road.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    All Terrain
    Thanks
    Your comparing two completely different vehicles from two different era's. What is so magical about the new body style Colorado that will drop the used market price of a completely different vehicle brand that the old body style Colorado didn't do? It's not a repackaged 2nd gen T. T market is pretty flat price wise, clean, low mileage Alpha T's still command the same 25-32. High mileage beat to crap are still 16-18k.
    I bought mine for 27k in cash 3 years ago, took two hours to do the paperwork during which 6 people called from various parts of the country wanted to buy it outright and have it shipped while I was sitting there filling out the title paperwork. I doubt if I go buy a used ZR2 Colorado tomorrow I would have the same experience.

Quote Originally Posted by skeptic View Post
    Yes, drop in value, no need to be condescending. Ts are slowly dropping value and will continue to do so for a while. The question is whether or not the existence of the Colorado ZR2 will speed things up. Eventually the value of H3Ts will bottom out, and then slowly rise as they become desired as a classic vehicle. I have no doubt that 20 years from now, and possibly much sooner, a 2009 H3T Alpha will be worth more than a 2017 ZR2. This thread isn't about what might happen 20 years down the road, it's about what might happen in the next 2 or 3 years.
    06 H3 Adv - Great, another project.
    09 H3T Alpha/Adv- Sold

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Traxx For This Useful Post:

RamRod (01-19-2018)

Super Swamper
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha X View Post
    I can see the ZR2 affecting the price of base model H3T's within a few years. I don't think the Alpha or Adventure package H3Ts will be affected. I recently drove my H3T Alpha, a ZR2 V6, and Canyon Denali V6 back to back while looking for a truck to replace my daily driver Silverado. My test drives were only on road, not off road. What the ZR2 & Canyon Denali have that I cannot get is that pretty sweet 8speed auto. Those are pretty nice. It made my H3T feel a little bit dated. I wish I could even get a 6 speed in there. I don't know which is better for the trail and/or rock climbing, but if I blow up a transmission, I'd rather have the bill for a 4speed rebuild.
    I should have a six speed in my T by next year this time, been collecting parts slowly for the swap

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2009 Hummer H3T Alpha
    4 Rancho Lift, 37x12.5x17 BFG A/Ts, Method "The Standard" rims, Magnuson Supercharger, Magnaflow exhaust, 50" LED light bar, Thor Parts rear bumper w/ swing out for full-sized spare, Hidden 9,500 lb Superwinch, Custom Sliders, Custom aluminum bed rack & matching roof rack

www.ministryofadventure.ca

Street Tire
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RamRod View Post
    I should have a six speed in my T by next year this time, been collecting parts slowly for the swap
    Please create a thread about this when you get around to doing the swap. I'm sure plenty of us here would be interested in it.
    '10 H3T

Super Swamper
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha X View Post
    Please create a thread about this when you get around to doing the swap. I'm sure plenty of us here would be interested in it.
    I will do, but there is already one (if you didn't already know about it)
    2009 Hummer H3T Alpha
    4 Rancho Lift, 37x12.5x17 BFG A/Ts, Method "The Standard" rims, Magnuson Supercharger, Magnaflow exhaust, 50" LED light bar, Thor Parts rear bumper w/ swing out for full-sized spare, Hidden 9,500 lb Superwinch, Custom Sliders, Custom aluminum bed rack & matching roof rack

All Terrain
    Thanks
    If someone can figure out the shift cluster issue then it would be a great swap with a regear.

I will do, but there is already one (if you didn't already know about it)
    06 H3 Adv - Great, another project.
    09 H3T Alpha/Adv- Sold

All Terrain
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Traxx View Post
    Your comparing two completely different vehicles from two different era's. What is so magical about the new body style Colorado that will drop the used market price of a completely different vehicle brand that the old body style Colorado didn't do?
    It's simple, the ZR2 the first real off road capable mid-size truck from GM since the T. I have nothing bad to say about the H3T (other than the under powered i5), I used to own and wheel one. The ZR2 is not a different era, there is a 7 year gap not 2 or 3 decades. Also, the ZR2 is not a completely different vehicle form a completely different brand. Both are GM and very similar to each other, and designed by many of the same people.

I'm not saying used ZR2s are going to bring down T prices, I'm posing the question of whether or not people think they will. It's ok to say the Hummer brand and visual styling means the T values will be unaffected. However, to deny that the ZR2 is basically a spiritual successor to the H3T is just wrong. http://gmauthority.com/blog/2016/11/...gacy-left-off/
    '06 H2

"Like Nothing Else"
    Thanks
    Pretty cook truck IMO, the problem i see (and i could be wrong here) is dealing with the fancy multimatic suspension set up. Can you put a lift on it to run larger tires? does multimatic offer shocks/struts that are designed for a 4 inch lift? (or anyone else for that matter) How about swapping them out for a fox/king/or other manufacturer shock/strut assembly, and what kind of problems will that cause with the computer?

It will be interesting to see how the aftermarket adapts to this, or if people would rather just buy a normal colorado and mod it vs getting a zr2.
    -2009 H3 Alpha/Adv||SAS/SOA
    -2008 H3 Alpha-RIP

Super Swamper
    Thanks
    I wouldn't buy one if I were planning to lift or put much larger tires on it then what it comes with... to me that's the whole point of a truck like this is that it's "tuned" with warranty.... but you know there will be guys buying them and messing with everything

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
    2009 Hummer H3T Alpha

Super Swamper
    Thanks
    I wouldn't buy one if I were planning to lift or put much larger tires on it then what it comes with... to me that's the whole point of a truck like this is that it's "tuned" with warranty.... but you know SuperBuickGuy will be buying them and messing with everything

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
    there, fixed it for you....
    This too shall pass
    on a tow truck

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SuperBuickGuy For This Useful Post:

Enter Hummer (01-22-2018), RamRod (01-22-2018)

Hamster that pokes Bears
    Thanks
    T have been goin up in value for couple of years now. ~2 years (was considering selling) ago asking 27 for I5 was kind of crazy now 30 is about right. Alphas are just keeps going up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2009 H3t (Hamster Jr.)build - http://www.hummer4x4offroad.com/foru...009-H3t)-build
    2009 H3t Alpha
    HMBP (2000 GMC) build (sold) - http://www.hummer4x4offroad.com/foru...s-quot-project
    2008 F350 (Behimot) build - http://www.hummer4x4offroad.com/forum/showthread.php?2208-Project-quot-Behemoth-quot
    1995 YJ locked and loaded
    2017 JK "Spicy chicken" + personal touches.

All Terrain
    Thanks
    You sure about that price? Obviously miles and location play a big part, but I can't see an I5 H3T getting $30k. Maybe if it had 25k miles or something. I've been poking around looking at prices online and T Alphas I'm seeing are in the mid to upper $20s, with high mileage ones in the high teens to low twenties. I5 models are anywhere from mid-teens to mid-twenties. I do see the occasional $30k+ asking price, but those are more the exception than the rule.
    '06 H2

All Terrain
    Thanks
    Lately, the asking price for an i5 H3T here in Qatar can go as low as 10k, with 60k miles (not adventure)... meaning you can prob grab one for 8k with some negotiating.

2009 HUMMER H3 - V8 swap on 4.56

Hamster that pokes Bears
    Thanks

Chevy Colorado ZR2 thoughts

Autotrader in so call 500mil search
    10 46k 65mil Alpha
    09 28k 45mil I5
    09 25k 91 mil I5
    09 19k 135mil I5
    And 1 more no price

That is it 5 trucks in 500 mil radius

2009 H3t (Hamster Jr.)build - http://www.hummer4x4offroad.com/foru...009-H3t)-build
    2009 H3t Alpha
    HMBP (2000 GMC) build (sold) - http://www.hummer4x4offroad.com/foru...s-quot-project
    2008 F350 (Behimot) build - http://www.hummer4x4offroad.com/forum/showthread.php?2208-Project-quot-Behemoth-quot

Hamster that pokes Bears
    Thanks
    All west trucks = NO rust to speak off.

In rust belt states prices are usually lower. But who wants 8 year old rust bucket.

2009 H3t Alpha

Bogger
    Thanks
    All the higher priced ones are really low mileage (sub 100K for a 8 yr old or greater vehicle), they'll always command a higher price, so you're still not comparing apples to apples there. That $19K one with 135K on it is more realistic of the actual average price for one. Plus it's Kali, you're generally going to see higher pricers there for pretty much everything.
    2008 H3 Alpha

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils." - General John Stark

N1JPA