• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Chevy Colorado ZR2 thoughts

SuperBuickGuy

From what I see on cargurus.com, your 156k Alpha should be worth around $23k. May as well put it back to stock and sell the aftermarket stuff, unless you find just the right buyer all those mods don't add much value, if any.

It's also worth mentioning that the prices people are asking on autotrader.com/cars.com/cargurus.com/etc. are usually higher than what the car will actually sell for.

I'd be overjoyed getting what I paid for it ($18,000 - at that amount, I'd leave everything but the radios and air compressor).... that said, reality will likely be much less. This weekend I'm pulling it down to as-equipped from the factory.

RamRod

I'd be overjoyed getting what I paid for it ($18,000 - at that amount, I'd leave everything but the radios and air compressor).... that said, reality will likely be much less. This weekend I'm pulling it down to as-equipped from the factory.

interesting... We have been talking about replacing my wife's car with an SUV now that we are moving back to where the snow fly's 6 months of the year....

She has said before that she does not want an H3... maybe I could convince her!

SuperBuickGuy

Since those the new Colorado/ Canyon trucks are equipped with the latest parts and factory upgrades I wonder how many of these parts could be upgrades or replacement parts for our H3/ H3T's. For one thing it looks to me like the new trucks use ventilated rotors on the rear axle vs. the solid rotors on the rear for our trucks.

there are quite a few changes to the front... for example the camber/castor adjustment is on the lower arm. The suspension is now coil-over-shock... I'm also not sure the wheelbase isn't a bit wider then the H3... I'll know more tomorrow, I'm going to have one I'm looking at put up on a lift.

4speedfunk

I rented a new Impala for a cross country road trip about a year ago. Hated it. Any car that shuts off automatically at stop lights, will never be in my garage (including the Accord if it does that).

SolidusJ

I might be way late for this talk but I had a 2015 Canyon all terrain loved/hated it. I could never truly make it mine and it just wasn't nothing like my T. Gas was way better but it felt like a over grown size car at the end of the day.

Is it better then the Colorado, hell yes in every way but the Chevy twin cheap out on a lot of the interior stuff... theirs a reason why I dumped it after two years and getting back into a Alpha T. Not saying it was bad in anyway but this is the only photo I have of the truck... and I still have all my photos from the first T.

IMG_20150117_162746738_HDR_zpsc31b6cea.jpg

Jeepwalker

I'd have to look at the brand new Colorados to see if they've changed ....but the last used Colorado P-U I looked at ...maybe it was a 2014 (??) looked great on the outside. I was in the buying mode. I 'wanted' to like it because I didn't care for the GM full-size styling (pre-2019's). But inside I was off-put how cramped the Colorado was. Wide console meant minimal legroom, head close to the headliner and top of windshield, couldn't see the speedo well b/c the steering wheel was right in front (at it's most comfortable position ..for me). I'm like 6', 175 ..not overly big guy. But the *absolute worst* issue of all, was the steering wheel was off-set to the right 'juuuussst' more than too much, that it would forever bug the crap out of me. But I liked the Colorado styling a lot more than the full-sized GM's (at the time). Perhaps it was just the seats in the couple Colorado's I looked at. I seem to remember that being the case on the older S10's too. Fortunately they designed in ample driver room in the H3.

So I ended up buying a Ram 4x4 with the Hemi and a bench seat. I'm continually astonished how nice of a truck it is to drive and the little extra design details that make it nice (to me). Mine's the Tradesman that has the old-school xfer case and 'real' 4-high (and low) not the watered down system in most Ram tks. This was a couple years ago. It's been a great pickup, 160k miles on it now.

Hopefully, they've boosted interior space in the newer Colorados because otherwise I like the package, especially the ZR's.

Last edited: