• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Local recommendations? Where to get parts or a good shop?

Kinson33

Hello all, I am currently traveling from Texas and being towed in by a buddy. Had a horrible vibration and its either the front drive shaft or tcase... would love to put upgraded parts in while it’s broken but I’m in a time crunch. Any recommendations for the north Denver or Ft. Collins area?

Last edited:

Kinson33

I’m pulling the front shaft tomorrow to see if I can chase it down. Really hoping it’s not the diff or transfer case. None of our vendors are in CO?

amrg

If the drive shaft is the culprit, you can drive the car forever without but you will obviously lose 4WD .
At least until you get a replacement

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Kinson33

Yeah I need to cab it over to the parts store for some wrenches to get it removed.

Full story, I drove from Austin to Amarillo when the first one went bad. Meinke replaced it with a rebuilt and got us on our way and 3 hours later the same vibrations and noise are back. Couldn’t go over 2-3 mph. Really hoping we just got a bad shaft, or could something with my tcase be causing the shaft failure?

H32NV

Don't know who's up north but Bills Englewood Driveshaft is a great place for the driveshaft or U-joints, He just did my rear driveline. Doesn't do diffs though.

PM Timgco for good shop recommendations in the Denver area.