• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

2018 Black Sheep Week Moab - April 1 - 7

Highatop

Well, I hope we can make it this year. We haven't missed the Spring run in a few years. But, we sold our route ( so bring your own snacks, no more cookies an goldfish ) Im doing different projects now so Im not sure whats going on until it gets closer. And Im not sure about Steven either...We will keep you posted...

Hope all is good for everyone

JPaul

Well, I hope we can make it this year. We haven't missed the Spring run in a few years. But, we sold our route ( so bring your own snacks, no more cookies an goldfish ) Im doing different projects now so Im not sure whats going on until it gets closer. And Im not sure about Steven either...We will keep you posted...

Hope all is good for everyone

But that was the whole point of me coming to these things!! :wink:

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Two months! Are you ready?
[video=youtube_share;vI16Ggj9WfY]https://youtu.be/vI16Ggj9WfY[/video]

rascole

A few small items to take care of and I'll be ready, fluid change and install new skid plates. If time permits, new bumpers.

LagunaH1

I am SO ready thank get away for a while. Gotta figure out what’s going on when the the front axle on the smelly old jeep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RamRod

So either I am going on a vacation somewhere tropical for our honeymoon or I am going to try and make it down this time (I think I say the second half of that sentence every year)..... it will be a last min decision before I will know if I can pull it off but damn do I ever want to make it work!

Zach

Mall Crawler
I’m out as usual lately [emoji30]. If things go right and time off is approved, a trip with someone I’m seeing now[emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Zach

Mall Crawler
C'mon Zach! You've been in a relationship with us for longer than this new "other woman"!

True on that. Planning something the week before. And my owner is gone during these dates and has a black out for managers being gone. Convenient for me maybe. Although, I can maybe squeeze an Az trip
In soon

Korby7

I’ll be there but not bringing mine. I hope I bump into some of you. Always fun to see what others have done with their rigs. Sure I could sponge some great ideas.

Korby7

I just picked up an Alpha and i don’t feel It will be Moab trail ready by then. It was a mall crawler in its last life. I’d like to get rid of the 20” wheels, put a lift, sliders and Schwarttzy skid plates before I’d feel I could hang with the rest of ‘em. Planning on riding shotgun in a JK.

JPaul

I get the wheels and armor, but you don't need a lift (you can't find them anymore anyway unless you get lucky). All I've done really to mine is crank the torsion bars to level the front and put sliders and UCP on it. I haven't had any problems yet aside from missing a line and getting hung up on a tree trunk, and I don't have lockers either.

Korby7

I have the Schwarttzy high clearance shock mounts from my '06 I'm swapping over and a set of his 2" shackles for the rear in the mail and i'll do the torsion crank. Selling my '06 Adventure and thinking of putting the 20s w/ 35s on there as eye candy unless I can find someone with stock wheels with 35s that would want to trade. Digging your overland trailer build btw. That's in my near future as well.

Schwarttzy

Sponsor
I have the Schwarttzy high clearance shock mounts from my '06 I'm swapping over and a set of his 2" shackles for the rear in the mail and i'll do the torsion crank. Selling my '06 Adventure and thinking of putting the 20s w/ 35s on there as eye candy unless I can find someone with stock wheels with 35s that would want to trade. Digging your overland trailer build btw. That's in my near future as well.

car-parts.com will have the factory rims. Although I recommend shopping around because the prices will vary

JPaul

Factory rims come up on ksl classifieds every now and then. Sometimes for good prices, other times they think they are custom amd want a lot for them. I need to get a few more myself to put on the trailer, and I'd like to have a set for daily driving and a set for proper offroading.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

JPaul

Just arranged to borrow a tent trailer for my girls and I to use for the trip, so count me as confirmed. I'll probably come down Saturday and will be staying until Tuesday evening. I messaged Neo about setting up at the Outpost so that is likely where we'll be staying. The tent trailer has a furnace so it'll be a lot more comfortable stay than the year we camped in the tent. That was just cold and windy and wet.

JPaul

All confirmed to stay at Neo's with the trailer. Now I need to get a transmission cooler installed (which I needed before anyway, gets way too hot up here during the summers) and maybe some airbags.

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Looks like TX Chris and Hunter are planning on doing Pritchett Canyon this year. I think y'all have the nucleus for a small, capable group for Pritchett.