• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Transfer case dimensions needed

CaseyS

Anyone got a transfer case laying around, I need a few dimensions.

I need the diameter of the raised portion of the face that mounts to the rear of the transmission adapter. This would be what centers the transfer case into the transfer case adapter when it is slid forward. I also need the stickout dimension of the input shaft in relation to the bolting face.

TIA

CaseyS

This is where this is going. I want to see if I can modify this generic 6L80e to atlas transfer case adapter

Z9iLcyN.jpg

To mimic the factory adapter like this

G3QzZge.jpg

If the centering dimension is the same, all I should have to to is drill new holes in the adapter. If the diameter on the adapter is less, I should just be able to machine it out and drill holes and I'm done. Summit has this adapter listed for $217. Waaayyy cheaper than a custom fab adapter.

atvspeed4

This is where this is going. I want to see if I can modify this generic 6L80e to atlas transfer case adapter

Z9iLcyN.jpg

To mimic the factory adapter like this

G3QzZge.jpg

If the centering dimension is the same, all I should have to to is drill new holes in the adapter. If the diameter on the adapter is less, I should just be able to machine it out and drill holes and I'm done. Summit has this adapter listed for $217. Waaayyy cheaper than a custom fab adapter.
Lol I have the atlas adapter sitting in our office right now collecting dust it's a no go for the H3. Been there done that unfortunately. We have a bunch of different adapter that didn't work out.

CaseyS

I'll leave this here. Pilot diameter = 4.869" Stud diameter = 0.397" (M10) Bolt circle *RADIUS* 3.875" (+/- 0.005" ?) I still think the 191 deg hole needs tweaking about a half a degree, but I cant convince myself some engineer would have designed a pattern with non integer degree indexing on the holes. Degree indexed from +x ordinate = 0 deg CCW rotation.

zGQWijM.jpg

Last edited:

Mb30sdl

Hamster that pokes Bears
1st pic 5"
Input adapter 1.5"
Mounting plate to end of input 2"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk