• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Outboard front differential bushings

lowtrac

Does anyone know what size bushings will work as replacements for these? I'm looking for something I can fab to fit as a match for my booty-fab crossmember bushing delete.

4speedfunk

This size...
f88144e56c4947cd0796da4c9e46cd8f.jpg
de430d3155c347ef891d15d9f89f5ecd.jpg
deaf88dfb20d90c8243fedc972dd7d78.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4speedfunk

Yeah...something like that. I cannot recall the exact ones I used but, I had them left over from a suspension fab project. So that make sense with those ones you have picked out at Summit. Price was around the same as well.

4speedfunk

Only thing I did was cut the length down so they bottomed against each other. Also notice that I cut the inner sleeve about .015" shorter so the bushings would "squish" rather than being limited by the inner sleeve.

lowtrac

Cool. Thank you. I'll make sure to post pics when I do it. I will probably be doing passenger side ball joints soon so that'll be a good time to get it all knocked out.

CaseyS

Casey...what did you end up doing with that oil pan issue?

Jb weld again. I had tried to add another coat once, but some oil was seeping through the old patch. I chipped away most of the old patch back to bare metal. I drained the oil and left it for two days. Then cleaned the area good with brake cleen. I put a good thick coat of jb weld and let it cure for about 2 weeks. I added a second thin coat and let that cure a week before putting any oil back in the pan.

I've been driving for a week and no drips yet.

The axle is still too close to the pan, but it appears not to be touching anything.