• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Moab vehicle

LagunaH1

New PS pump, lines and steering gear is in. Getting the right parts was quite the saga. Note to self: Just because a steering gear is listed as being for a Jeep ZJ, doesn't mean it actually IS. Sigh. Took me 2 gears to get it all sorted, but the Jeep now steers MUCH better than before, and as of today no longer leaks from the new steering gear.

LagunaH1

Time for a quick update:

The Jeep is now back home after a stay at "Ye Olde Jeep Day Spa" in Phoenix....

The steering gear got rebuilt PROPERLY and ported for hydro assist. A new cooling fan was installed, as was a new cooling fan clutch (twice, due to a defective one). Also, the Jeep now has disconnecting front hubs, new motor and transmission mounts and a high idle switch. Finally, a new oil pump was installed.

The Jeep runs VERY VERY nicely now. There (of course) is zero driveline vibration, and the driveline shop even fixed (what appears to be) a bit of not-so-great work on their part on the rear driveline so that, too, now is dead straight and without vibration.

The improved cooling seems to be doing its job: The Jeep doesn't run as hot as it used to, and it cools off much quicker.

Just as all the work was done, the air condition control head decided to die. I pulled it out, and pulled it apart. I found a blown capacitor, replaced it, but the control head was still dead. I found a replacement control head on ebay which arrived the other day. With that in place, the air condition works very nicely again. Finally, since I had the bezel pulled off the center of the dash, I also replaced the vehicle information center with once without loose connections.

Who wants to go wheeling???