• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Moab vehicle

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Are either one of you two making it to Moab this year?
I hope to be able to make it if I am able to to take the time off from work. I took on more work admin/management responsibilities as of December 1.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

JPaul

I simply put the trip into my work calendar and told my boss I am going to be gone during that time, there was no discussion about it. :)

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Researching wheels and tires..... What does everyone do for DOT approved bead locking rims?
I would wait and see what you and your Jeep are capable of before investing in those. I think you'll be happy with all that you can do. As Silverton mentioned on FB, those are heavy and will put a lot of stress on your axles, which might be a weak point on your Jeep.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

JPaul

This is exactly why it took me so long to build an AR15, everybody and their dog's cousin has one. But once I finally shot one, I realized what I was missing out on.

LagunaH1

So, the Jeep came home on Saturday.

I'm learning to use the new T-Case, MAN does it have a good crawl ratio! The Jeep is running great, really great. The new brakes are fantastic. The turn radius is excellent. The Jeep tracks straight down the road. Not a drop of anything leaking anywhere.

I can't wait to try out the new lockers and in general see how this beast-ified rig does off road.

Next on the list:

35's and new bumpers

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Steve, want to take a shot at fixing the rear air system leak on the Scorpion. I pretty much have it narrowed down to the air bag.

LagunaH1

Time for another update:

I got 35's installed today. They look great and gives lots of awesome clearance underneath the Jeep but..... They rub on the rear coils up top when I flex the jeep out a bit.

Are spacers safe to use on live axles?