• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Hummer H3 Custom Fender Flares

Acer4LO

I know this topic has been brought up in the past, but nothing ever came of it. So lately I've been going on a craigslist spree looking too see if I can find some rare stuff and I found this amidst my search:

https://spacecoast.craigslist.org/cto/d/2007-hummer-h3/6261682537.html

i-BvWp4sK-XL.jpg

i-5d9d7KZ-XL.jpg

Yeah it does look pretty corny but it does make for a good prototype. The front fenders look pretty good except the font of them which don't swoop down like you would expect. The rear is an issue. Look at the awful 90 degree angle plus no rear plastic quarter panel. From the pictures that fender material looks like it is plastic and could be broken, so something stronger would need to be used. Things to consider: front grille turn signals would need to be cut and the factory fog laps would need to be used as the turn signals, wheel wells & plastic bumper would need to be cut.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:

Enter Hummer

I've thought about this long and hard also, and the one thing I could never figure out is how to do the air intake.

In the picture it looks like they just capped it?
Image 10.jpg

I also have not found an easy way to re-route the air without looking like hell. But I have been dying to figure it out.

Acer4LO

Completely forgot about that! I was also wondering how you would be able to do the JK snorkel mod because why not lol. Problem with that is a 3in aluminum tube will sticking out and that would look terrible. Can't be hidden inside the hood because the bracket for the hood is in the way. Guess you would also have to make custom wheel wells. You might be able to get away with running to tube then if you had it bulging out a bit. Here is a very high quality render of what the finished product might look like:

i-kRBtZCM-XL.jpg

JPaul

looks like all they did was cut the factory flares to make them look like the ones you put on a Heep and painted them flat black. I see no point to it other than trying to go for looks but they just look redneck to me.

As for the intake they probably replaced the stock filter and box with a cone filter because moar powah. Even though that will hurt power thanks to heat soak, but what do I know. :wink:

a0128

Not sure what you are gaining and honestly it looks like crap. Why not just go with the Bushwacker product?

Enter Hummer

What do ya'll think about:
1) Removing the airbox
2) Moving the coolant resivor and windshield washer tank forward (where the air box went)
3) Re-route the air intake towards "snorkel"
4) Put in a real snorkel with a filter in it

IMG_1347.JPG

That picture you put up Acer4LO with the wheel well looks like a pretty simple job.

But dang, 12k??? He is high :giggle: he didn't even put the H3 emblem on right!

Acer4LO

What do ya'll think about:
1) Removing the airbox
2) Moving the coolant resivor and windshield washer tank forward (where the air box went)
3) Re-route the air intake towards "snorkel"
4) Put in a real snorkel with a filter in it

That picture you put up Acer4LO with the wheel well looks like a pretty simple job.

Is this how you were thinking of routing he filter?

i-7Z7QXDm-L.jpg

JPaul

It's quite possible, though I'm not sure if the reservoirs are too tall to be pushed forward, but maybe. Wouldn't be too much work to remove the airbox and take some measurements.

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Just my 2 cents, remove the inner fender liner and you could fit 37s with very little lift. Something almost no other rig can do. Also big clearance fenders to fit big tires the stock diff will not last.

Get a diff under there that can be regeared and last with big tires then worry about fenders

Kick'n Dust

I've thought about the Jeep look a like fender mod myself, though I get enough people already thinking my H3 is a Jeep. Why does that get under my skin?

I also thought about using the oem snorkel as a real air intake because I can say from experience that if I try to cross water up to the fenders my H3 starts to float anyhow (paddle boat mode lol). I thought to build a water tight air box out of aluminum that houses the air filter, locate it in the stock air box location, then run the pipe to the intake cover. The day I was really trying to sink my truck I ended up getting some water in the air box and had to set my air filter by the campfire to dry out. I think I seen someone do this with a stock airbox once and I got to thinking.

I'm waiting to do the solid axle swap and add an additional 2 to 3 inches of lift and see if any of this matters anymore.

Sent from my Coolpad 3622A using Tapatalk

mjferencak

One of our Russian members, lsv_palana, custom made his fenders as well as his bumper and I'm sure some other parts. His rig is FING SWEET! Hit him up if you want more info.

attachment.php

a0128

mjferencak

He says he made them but maybe I'm just reading his message wrong. IDK

"make these fenders by myself. First from plasticine, then from fiberglass. Painted by upol Raptor. Have a plan to paint whole car (including fenders) with line"

USMC_315

He says he made them but maybe I'm just reading his message wrong. IDK

"make these fenders by myself. First from plasticine, then from fiberglass. Painted by upol Raptor. Have a plan to paint whole car (including fenders) with line"

Translation refinement for ya

"I made these fenders myself. I started with plasticine and then used fiberglass. ??? I'm planning to paint the entire car, to include the fenders, with a line."

It seemed pretty straight forward to me..

Happy Hummer

I'm not sold on this image lol.
That looks half done. Making something similar to metal cloak's for the Jeep would be much more appealing.

Chimpy

:no:Hopefully, the PO traded this in on a Jeep and will do the H3 community a big favor by never owning own another H3.