• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Interior Mix and Matching

Traxx

I always thought the tan interior was too much tan and the black, even though my favorite color, was just a black hole on an already black truck. So I figured I would combine the two because basically inventing more projects is what you do when you run out of things to do. :)

Swapped out the left kick panel and glove box for black ones, and swapped in the cashmere glove handle and hood release. Grabbed an extra set of front door panels off ebay and swapped the inserts, had to order the rears new so they should show up next week, grabbed a new carpet and headliner for future projects and a new steering wheel since mine has a bunch of scratches and what not from the original owner. Ordered some new Katzkins to finish it off.

I wasn't sure if the door inserts were captive behind the pull handles which sandwiches the upper and lower door panel together with no way to remove. So I started with the cheapest door panel to find out. Fortunately they aren't, or I woulda had a lot of extra door panels I guess. They are however heavily glued so if you do this have a full set of trim tools go slow and be especially careful at the end of each seam.

Got the dash, front doors, and passenger seat done today. Prob get the left seat done tomorrow and the rear this weekend since it is the biggest pain to deal with. Finish up the rear door panels when they show up. Probably keep the cashmere a,b,c pillars and have something done with the extra headliner to match the seats next summer.

IMG_4718.JPGIMG_4721.JPGIMG_4726.JPGIMG_4734.JPG

Acer4LO

You bring up some really good points. I have also toyed withthe idea of changing up my interior. I don’t mind the fully black interior froman aesthetic standpoint; however, like you said it is a void. Fully tan givestoo much a luxury/mall crawler look. [FONT=&quot]I think my ideal set up that wouldn’tbe too hard to do would be like this: [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- Black Carpet (So mud/Dirt blends in) [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- Tan Weather tech floor mats (Makingthe floor lighter)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- Tan door panels, replacing the upperleather looking panel with a black one (Lessening the tan)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- Tan glove box and knee bolster[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- Black leather seats with tan leatherin the center (Mimicking the look of the factory cloth seat color options)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- Color match in tan the metallicinterior pieces like the ring around the shifter, gauge cluster, center dashpiece, and also vent covers that the surrounds the HVAC vents.

If you look on my build page. I platty dipped the the trim pieces and I think it turned out great!
[/FONT]

Traxx

That sounds good. I have the extra door panels, glove and dash panel if you decide to go that route.

You bring up some really good points. I have also toyed withthe idea of changing up my interior. I don’t mind the fully black interior froman aesthetic standpoint; however, like you said it is a void. Fully tan givestoo much a luxury/mall crawler look. [FONT=&amp]I think my ideal set up that wouldn’tbe too hard to do would be like this: [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]- Black Carpet (So mud/Dirt blends in) [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]- Tan Weather tech floor mats (Makingthe floor lighter)[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]- Tan door panels, replacing the upperleather looking panel with a black one (Lessening the tan)[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]- Tan glove box and knee bolster[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]- Black leather seats with tan leatherin the center (Mimicking the look of the factory cloth seat color options)[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]- Color match in tan the metallicinterior pieces like the ring around the shifter, gauge cluster, center dashpiece, and also vent covers that the surrounds the HVAC vents.

If you look on my build page. I platty dipped the the trim pieces and I think it turned out great!
[/FONT]

rsc

I didn't want the full tan interior on mine, but liked the tan accents. I swapped the front door panels and left the rear ones alone (I may add the tan rear panels one day, but am not sure). I thought about doing the tan dash pieces but thought that looked too much like a tan stripe around the middle of the interior, but like the way tan floor mats and dash cover broke up the colors. I have a set of weather tech mats for bad weather and offroading, but the color is darker, more brown that the cashmere/tan of the other pieces. I also swapped the center console arm rest for a tan leather one that feels much nicer and pulls the interior together a little more.