Welcome to the H4O - HUMMER 4x4 Off Road.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Bald Tire
    Thanks
    Oh I absolutely agree it was a totally sh87tty way for them to do it. Just overnight and bam, forums all over the internet suddenly have linked images broken everywhere. It has already screwed me up a couple of time when searching for pics of something someone else has done that I wanted to use as a reference so I could do the same mods. I pretty much agree with your entire post..... they have essentially screwed themselves. No amount of good will at this point will undo the harm that they have already done to themselves by just abruptly cutting it off the way they did. I think had they given plenty of advance notice and thoughtfully explained their reasons for needing to start charging and offered some reasonably prices plans they likely would have had a gold mine.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,261 Times in 1,033 Posts
    Short answer is there is a right way and a wrong way to conduct business. Photobucket chose the wrong way. After the dust settles they will have a fraction of the customers. Huge numbers of account holders they could have captured with a reasonable approach will never trust them again. They deserve every bit of hurt they are going to feel. The executives that hatched this hair brained scheme have likely already updated their resumes knowing the board is going to fire them.
    1998 H1 Open Top
    1994 H1 HMC4
    1992 H1 HMC4 LE
    1990 1025 Armament Carrier

KJ6JCC

BlackSheep Hummer Squadron, H1 PsychoSquad

Super Swamper
    Thanks
    Where is the $400 pricing coming from. You had me worried, but my photobucket account is $60 a year. I may start using other services, but I'm curious if I'm missing a big picture...
    This too shall pass
    on a tow truck

Bogger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
    Where is the $400 pricing coming from. You had me worried, but my photobucket account is $60 a year. I may start using other services, but I'm curious if I'm missing a big picture...
    Everything I've read is they updated their TOS with new plans and the only plan now that allows embedding your photos in websites and forum posts is the $400 a year one. Anything below that doesn't allow it. But they probably went after the free accounts first.

I'm willing to bet their next step was originally to start going after the ones that already pay but are the lower cost accounts. They might be rethinking that approach now though.

I've heard of a number of others that already were paying various amounts due to storage needs or whatever that still have their images working.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    2008 H3 Alpha

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils." - General John Stark

N1JPA

Mr. Beretta
    Thanks
    They didn't go after all free accounts, yet. I can still post. However, I have verified I have all the photos I have on Photobucket, if not downloading them and slowly migrating the photos to another site. When Photobucket cuts the links if someone needs to see the photos on that thread, and I'm notified, I will repost If not, I really don't care.

As of today, mine are still linked....I wonder for how long?

Don't know anything about Hummers, but I do speak Malamute.