• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

New Build Thread Section

Enter Hummer

Last edited:

JPaul

Well, considering most of the builds in the "Builds" section are H3's, and they only made them for 4 years, and there's not really much difference between the various years (aside from 3.5's in the 06/07's and 3.7/5.2 in the 08-10's there really isn't any other difference worth noting), I'd say it's not worth the effort. There's only a handful of H2 builds thrown in there, and then there are some non-H3 builds which I guess could be moved to the "Jeeps, Rovers, and other Rigs" section. There's also some threads that really don't belong in there at all that could stand to be moved, but other than that, it's pretty cut and dry.

Only a handful of those build threads are updated with any kind of frequency, so it's not hard to follow along with them as they go, the rest haven't been touched in a long time, so if you read through em once then you're done. Most of the threads aren't all that long either, maybe a few pages on average, most of which tend to be comments.

Really, a lot of cool stuff was in the old "what did you do recently" thread in the H3 section (it was a couple hundred plus pages long I think, so that took a really, really, really long time to go through), but unfortunately that was lost in a hack last year. The build threads have some cool things, but honestly a lot of them don't really have much in them. Hummer forums are never going to be as active as the gazillion Toyota forums that are out there, so I don't think it's necessary to be as OCD as those guys decided to be about organizing a mere 10 pages of build threads that you can read through in an afternoon, if it even takes that long.

RamRod

Well, considering most of the builds in the "Builds" section are H3's, and they only made them for 4 years, and there's not really much difference between the various years (aside from 3.5's in the 06/07's and 3.7/5.2 in the 08-10's there really isn't any other difference worth noting), I'd say it's not worth the effort. There's only a handful of H2 builds thrown in there, and then there are some non-H3 builds which I guess could be moved to the "Jeeps, Rovers, and other Rigs" section. There's also some threads that really don't belong in there at all that could stand to be moved, but other than that, it's pretty cut and dry.

Only a handful of those build threads are updated with any kind of frequency, so it's not hard to follow along with them as they go, the rest haven't been touched in a long time, so if you read through em once then you're done. Most of the threads aren't all that long either, maybe a few pages on average, most of which tend to be comments.

Really, a lot of cool stuff was in the old "what did you do recently" thread in the H3 section (it was a couple hundred plus pages long I think, so that took a really, really, really long time to go through), but unfortunately that was lost in a hack last year. The build threads have some cool things, but honestly a lot of them don't really have much in them. Hummer forums are never going to be as active as the gazillion Toyota forums that are out there, so I don't think it's necessary to be as OCD as those guys decided to be about organizing a mere 10 pages of build threads that you can read through in an afternoon, if it even takes that long.

**5.3**:giggle: