• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Cgalpha08's build

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
While i am still waiting on my sliders and gobi brackets, i decided to take care of the fading trim pieces that are next to the windshield. I used plasti dip, i think they came out rather nice. :)

2012-04-02_16-56-01_777.jpg

2012-04-02_16-55-52_858.jpg

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
So this weekend i took a trip down to the local 4 wheel parts store to pick up one of these bad boys.

2012-04-09_11-17-49_887.jpg

In a side note. Rocky road sliders came in today. Something must have gone wrong during the shipping process because i am missing 10 or so nuts washers, lock nuts, and 8 bolts. Oh and to add to the pain, the nuts that came are the wrong ones for the bolts!! Ahh!!
Looks like a home-depot trip is in my future.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
I made them. I used some metal wire and a kit to make loops in the wire, a turnbuckle, some rubberized clamps, small shackles, and im still working on an attachment for the BG, they are currently ziptied to it.

Im sure you can buy a kit somewhere but its really easy to make.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
Well after a day of pain and frustration, i have finally managed to get my rocky road sliders on.

I had to tap each one of the threads to clean them out so the bolts would go in. The tap worked perfectly. I also used anti seize on each bolt to ensure they would come out later.

I did the install by myself, very easy to do. The brake lines are a pain in the ass!!

2012-04-21_16-51-31_217.jpg

2012-04-21_16-51-16_108.jpg

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
Next mod is already here, the ARB awning is sitting in its box awaiting the mounting brackets from Gobi. So after that goes up, ill be saving up for a winch and winch mount. Im sure in the mean time ill be fabbing up a rear storage system.

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Since they only have a few thousand miles on them, quite a while, its kinda bummin me out

Those tires will last too long but once you get the tires you want they never last long enough

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
So here we have the latest couple of mods, i finally torsion leveled and got the awning up on the rack

2012-05-09_15-22-52_152.jpg