• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

NEW DATES! Moab Black Sheep Week - Oct 2017

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Well, we need to plan on a Black Sheep Week for October 2017! We haven't done a fall trip in a while but I know there's a lot of interest. The dates are Sunday, October 8 through Saturday, October 15. As usual, people can come and go as fits their schedule.

Stock Hummers can do Moab but it's better to have upgraded tires, under carriage protection and rocker protection. Beyond that, carry the typical spares for your vehicle - H1s, H2s, and H3/H3Ts all have different "typical" spares. Bring some basic tools but it's likely the group will have a lot of tools too. You do want to bring vehicle-specific tools, from locking lug nut keys to the correct size wrench to remove a bent tie rod.

Beginners are welcome! We'll never put you in a bad spot beyond the capability of your vehicle. If the group decides on a hard core trail, there will be a second group for a milder trail or you can go exploring on your own.

Post up below if you're in, your considering it, etc. I'll start and maintain a list as we move forward.

Last edited:

JPaul

I'll probably just do the beginning weekend again, but I'm going to plan on being there. I should have a lot of my critical tasks completed by then. Like replacing the front differential bushings I apparently wrecked last time! :giggle:

Kurt

I'm considering it, just a matter of how things are going at work at that time. I reinforced the frame rails around my steering box so hopefully no more breaking bolts ... [I'll just break something else... :huh:?]

If i can get family to come along I'm 100% in.

Neo

Badfish
I will be in Colorado on the 3rd 4th and 5th of Oct. riding the Durango and Silverton, let's move this out a week if possible...

f5moab

Mr. Beretta
There can be snow in the areas around Moab such as in Arches, Big Flat (off hwy 313) and south of town and some areas like Hell's revenge can get ice at times. And sometimes snow in Moab. I believe it was my first winter in Moab we had about 8 inches of snow in Moab on Dec 22 or 23.

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
I can redo the dates, but others should weigh in too in the event anyone's already booked out this time and can't reschedule.

deserth3

Haven't made a decision yet. So doesn't matter to me. I do have a few H3 leftovers I'd like to bring down

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

f5moab

Mr. Beretta
Since I don't off-road anymore, and only coming down to meet friends (Hummer and locals) and walk through the BLM office with a Trump hat on to piss off the libtards:giggle:, makes no difference to me.

JPaul

I'll only come down for the weekend again no matter what (really wish I had more than 2 weeks vacation), so whenever is fine with me.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
NEW DATES! Event was pushed back one week. It's time to start confirming. A lot of people are on the fence.

There's a good chance I'm out of the country this week. If I'm in town, I will come up for a weekend.