• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Moab Black Sheep Week, April 2017- pics and recap

rascole

RPP, Adv Pkg and a few precautionary spare parts and you are there. High atop has been wheeling a base H3 there and done very well.
Agreed. Aggressive tires is a must in my opinion. I have the Adv package and Rancho but my BFG AT's would spin a lot. Highatop has some skills too which helps.

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
High atop has been to Moab with us a number of times, that helps. ATs, at the right tire pressure usually do well at Moab. Slick rock is a misnomer, it is pretty grippy.

LagunaH1

Regarding tires: ATs can work very well but they need to be soft when aired down. Some tires ( Nitto Terra Grapplers for example) have a very stiff sidewall and won't let the tire flex very much even when aired down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

GreatDaneHummer

Can you run these trails at night? I have a lot of lights on my truck that we used in Colorado and had a blast. None of the off road areas in the midwest have night runs that I know of.

JPaul

I wouldn't run Hell's at night, but other stuff where you can't plummet to your doom just because you were over too much by a few inches I don't see why not.

Kurt

I did most of Alpine loop at night and it was so cool.

I saw that things and things, the first half of the trail was marked daylight running only. The 2nd half was night permitted but.. honestly I'd rather do that stuff during the day when you can see the nice view.

On one THCI run doing the 3 stooges [aka poison spider / gold rim / gold bar] turned into a night run because of the number of trucks and breakdowns and honestly it wasn't fun after a while since you had the really crawl to avoid dropping off a ledge.