• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Repaint Input

GreatDaneHummer

Please let me know what paint job you guys think would look best on my H3?

1.)
pandur-pixel-camo.jpg

2.)
BerlinBrigade1.jpg

3.)

Leo-2-Canada.jpg

Kyle

I vote 1. Just because I've always wanted to make my 3 matte military tan, with black rims

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gunner_45

Super Moderator
Staff member
I like #1 myself. Unique but you can tell it is camo.......The other two, not so much.

GreatDaneHummer

Number 1 will for sure be the hardest to recreate. It is actually pretty complex in my eyes. Maybe easy for a more seasoned profession.

GreatDaneHummer

The top of my daily driver H3 has some pretty bad scratches now from things falling through the roof rack and then the rust on the inside of the rear passenger doors. I also really like how Panzer07 did his H3 and felt inspired to step out of my comfort zone (safe place for snowflakes) and try something new.

Panzer07

I vote for #1 both are pretty easy specially at such big scale i'd start with the lightest sand color for base color and then move to the medium brown and lastly move to the dark brown....all you'll need is a packet of sheet paper somw scisors and some masking tape. Pretty easy imho probably 2 days since you have to paper sand your clear coat...and plastic as well spray the plastic with plastic primer.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Panzer07

#2 would be even easier id say 1 full day worth of labor or less if you aren't bs'ing

GreatDaneHummer

Did you find a stencil for the Kryptek designs? I have been looking at the new Altitude which is pretty sick but I have no idea how to even attempt such a paint job.

rascole

I would go with a vinyl wrap, not as cheap as rattle can but you can easily go back to original after you tired of it and prices have dropped dramatically now that there are more installers. Guy I work with had his JK done in a carbon fiber look by a window tint shop for $800.

Panzer07

No haven't really look...like I mention I'm just going to make my own...that way I have the flexibility to make it to the size i choose as well not limited on one pattern shape can so it doesn't look repetitive