• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Hummer h2 build ideas

MilamJR

you get additional 3" of coverage, equally they're solid and functional and transform the looks of our H2'z. my H2 is on 38"X13.5 Toyo Mud tires and they're fully covered.

Got some higher priorities like new shocks and better undercarriage protection but these flares are definitely going on my list. I am running 35’s with no modifications and zero rubbing. Did you do anything to accommodate 38’s and do you experience any rubbing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big2dabank

38's fit nicely with a leveling kit. They will certainly rub the wheel/fender well when the suspension compresses off-road, more so in the front than the rear. Mostly when the wheels are straight, if you approach obstacles and compress the front while the wheels are turned slightly to the right or left, it hardly rubs at all.

MilamJR

38's fit nicely with a leveling kit. They will certainly rub the wheel/fender well when the suspension compresses off-road, more so in the front than the rear. Mostly when the wheels are straight, if you approach obstacles and compress the front while the wheels are turned slightly to the right or left, it hardly rubs at all.

Thanks for the feedback. Always like to get information from those with first hand experience.

Big2dabank

The other thing to remember is to keep an eye on your alignment and steering linkage, ie centerlink, tie rods, pitman, idler, ball joints, etc. 38’s put a lot more stress on these parts, especially if they aren’t upgraded to HD parts yet. I’ll hit 300,000 miles this year, and maintenance is always key to a long life.

MilamJR

Forgot to ask how far did you crank the front?

Zach

Mall Crawler
The other thing to remember is to keep an eye on your alignment and steering linkage, ie centerlink, tie rods, pitman, idler, ball joints, etc. 38’s put a lot more stress on these parts, especially if they aren’t upgraded to HD parts yet. I’ll hit 300,000 miles this year, and maintenance is always key to a long life.

One other thing that wears is the hubs when running bigger tires and wheeling it. On, I think my 4th set with 276K

MilamJR

Getting ready for Black Sheep week in Moab this April. Need to upgrade my u-joints. Anybody have a recommendation of which ones to buy? Ordered Rubber Duck 4X4 drivetrain protection today.

Zach

Mall Crawler
Getting ready for Black Sheep week in Moab this April. Need to upgrade my u-joints. Anybody have a recommendation of which ones to buy? Ordered Rubber Duck 4X4 drivetrain protection today.

Great choice for the Rubber Duck UCP! I’ve beat the crap out of mine. The rear section is a little bent, but has saved damage many times

MilamJR

Great choice for the Rubber Duck UCP! I’ve beat the crap out of mine. The rear section is a little bent, but has saved damage many times

Glad to hear that. Any recommendation on u-joints?

Iwillnc

First of all, I love this truck.

Does this truck have a body lift? Everything looks even as if it does not but your rear bumper corners seem to have a lot more plastic running up the body than normal bumper corners, it looks very odd.

Also what power rear lower control arms are you running? I’ve noticed our selection of choices went from about 5 different manufacturers a couple years back to just the OEM ones and some thin looking adjustable rods that I’m not very impressed by.

MilamJR

a378fbf51a1680f1fd8d596b6f2c0765.jpg

My H2 has leaked over the rear view mirror when there was a hard rain for years. I bought this gasket set on eBay and installed them a few weeks ago. Was driving tonight during a flood warning due to the intensity of the rain. Was in it for 45 minutes and didn’t leak a drop. Maybe the best investment for the dollars spent I have ever made on my H2.

Iwillnc

I did those several years back, worked great. Unfortunately I still have an untraceable leak on my pass side that I’ve determined is either the windshield or the main roof panel seal. Determining if I should just have the windshield resealed or if I should remove the headliner (and the nearly 20 year old plastic panels) to find the source of the leak.

MilamJR

I did those several years back, worked great. Unfortunately I still have an untraceable leak on my pass side that I’ve determined is either the windshield or the main roof panel seal. Determining if I should just have the windshield resealed or if I should remove the headliner (and the nearly 20 year old plastic panels) to find the source of the leak.

Are your sunroof drains clear?

MilamJR

Hopefully you can get it tracked down and resolved quickly. I know how frustrating it is to try to find the source and correct the issue.

Iwillnc

I’ve fixed multiple leaks over the years, but some of them are elusive. I’m afraid I’ll likely need to pull my headliner, which wouldn’t be the worst thing as I need to spray new glue to the headliner corners where they are coming loose.

My back door leaks as well, two of those marker lights have the seals you posted and one of them was RTV shut before I ever bought the seal kit. I’m wondering if that window also needs to be resealed. Hell while we’re on it I think both of my cargo area windows leak some as well.

I definitely need to pull my head liner this summer haha.

Iwillnc

In addition to my previous post-

Oh and while we’re on it, every time it snows my windows fog up something fierce. I have never been able to figure that out but it only happens when it’s snowing, and it’s a 100% chance every time.

MilamJR

Got a set of Bilstein 5100’s for front and back on my 04 H2. Does anyone know what they should be torqued to?