• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Hummer h2 build ideas

Bmonts h3

Here is the bumper

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 417

GreatDaneHummer

The Iron Bull bumper for the H3 fits the warn winch line and when I looked at what winch to use I selected the same as you did as a cross comparison.

Bmonts h3

Oh how I wish lol it's 2900 for rims,tires and lug kit plus about 400 more for alignment and balancing and all that little more because I'm going through a shop

citiboy

Whoa!!! you're goin' all in...awesome...with lifts, i think it need at least 40's minimum...definitely post pics \\m//

This 2003 H2 is rocking 46's (46x19.5x20) with modified suspension and body lift...this truck is actually for sale.

276554938.jpg

Last edited:

Bmonts h3

I'll definitely post them as soon as I get them. The cleaver rims are in LA so it's going to be about a week and a half before they get here and yeah I really wanted 40s just don't like the 4 grand price tag lol

Mb30sdl

Hamster that pokes Bears
H2 is a RA bumper with 10 or 12k warn VR winch/ remote control front/back
H3T 5 cyl ARB with same winch, front only
H3T alpha Iron Bull same winch front/back

i use winch once or twice per year so VR (cheap one) works just fine.

Mb30sdl

Hamster that pokes Bears
RA was original design but they outsourced it to problematic mfg. when I got mine it was rusting after first rain due to poor coating.
IB seems better coated.

GreatDaneHummer

Maybe I am pointing out the obvious but you do know those Nitto Mud Grapplers are loud as all hell right? Some love it that loud but just thought I would make sure you know what your getting into.

Bmonts h3

Thank you for the info I think I'll wait till I get the bumper and then post pics of it and see if you guys can help me find a winch for it and yeah I know GreatDanehummer that's what I want thank you for the heads up

Mb30sdl

Hamster that pokes Bears
Maybe I am pointing out the obvious but you do know those Nitto Mud Grapplers are loud as all hell right? Some love it that loud but just thought I would make sure you know what your getting into.

Running 37s nittos on 2 h3ts and they are not that loud. U get more wind noise that tire.

Bmonts h3

Got the 40 inch mud grapplers and 20 inch cleaver rims finally:woot:

Attachments

• IMG_1395.jpg
    IMG_1395.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 465
  • IMG_1396.jpg
    IMG_1396.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 528
  • IMG_1397.jpg
    IMG_1397.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 472
  • IMG_1398.jpg
    IMG_1398.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 452

RamRod

Nope they absolutely do not make any better seals etc.. I am thinking of doing what the Jeeps do:

1.) Remove the interior and bedliner coat the entire thing.

2.) Clean up the underbody again and recoat it again to make sure its sealed up from rust.

3.) Make a removable drain plug below both the driver and passenger floor boards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Make sure you get that new front axle installed. You can reach out to CJ at thorparts to get that adapter etc. The factory ones leak in the seal eventually letting muddy water in killing your front drive shaft / entire day. Mine went out when I was wheeling at The Cliffs off road park and had to get towed all the way back to Chicago lol.
Were you not able to pull the front drive shaft and drive home in 4 HI lock?

I have done this a few times with no issue... as long as you put it into lock before removing the drive shaft... or engage lock before starting the engine
Big talk Serge, I haven't seen you out wheeling since your SAS you spent all that money on. pick any trail anywhere and you see that my "1/2 of what you did" truck walk laps around you.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

GreatDaneHummer

I tried to remove the front drive shaft and did try both 4 high lock and 4 low lock with no success. I am not sure it will work on the 07 non adventure pack H3 with the 2:1 transfer case. Now that I changed out the 4:1 transfer case and put a true trac in the rear it seems to drive and work just fine.