• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Poly LCA Bushings

RamRod

How hard is it to press out the rear chassis shackle bushing?

I would love to do this in my driveway but would prefer to not have to resort to burning the bushing out as well!

GreatDaneHummer

How hard is it to press out the rear chassis shackle bushing?

I would love to do this in my driveway but would prefer to not have to resort to burning the bushing out as well!

Done 3 sets now and everyone has had to be burned out... Sorry for the bad news.

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
My bushings came in

GOSMKVL.jpg

amrg

Im about to start refreshing my front suspension, any one have any feedback on those bushings?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

08H3

Im about to start refreshing my front suspension, any one have any feedback on those bushings?

One of the best upgrades you can make. If you have any added weight on the front of your truck, put in Alph T-Bars while you at it. I had very low expectations for any noticable improvement, but it was signigicant. They have worn very well too. I have 85,000 miles on them since install and they are still good as new. I know squeaks are a concern with poly as well, but I have never had any issues in that regard either. Definitely worth the money and time to upgrade.

amrg

Great feedback! I was worried about the squeak part. Thanks for the help

JPaul

I've been running the poly bushings on the lowers for a couple years now at least. Siberian Bushing is who I went with as well. I have not had any noises from them at all. I do get a popping sound every now and then which I though was the upper control arms since the ones I used didn't have the little teeth in the flanges like the stock ones but it turns out those haven't moved at all in over a year since I last tightened them down. So I am guessing it must be one of the lowers that is doing it. My bolts haven't turned though (I put paint marker on any fasteners I touch these days to watch for things loosening up after I discovered the driver side wheel bearing had a bolt backing out of it, popped the clamp off my CV boot) so not entirely sure yet where the sound is coming from.

I did not switch out the sway bar bushings though yet. I probably ought to try it though, I am sure the rubber ones that are in there now are getting pretty long in the tooth. They use salt here in Utah though not as much as the Northeast I think.

scoreh3

Ok the whole front end is done now, all new bushing and ball joints. WOW it’s nice to back up , turn and go over bumps/ruts without the front end clunking. It’s nice to have that firm feeling again. Now to get it aligned. It was well worth the money and the time to do it. I did buy their full set , so I still have the rear to do.