• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

4x4 selector button bar

05Mudiak

The stolen thing is not absolutly true I actually know a supervisor from the plant that now works in Iowa (I think) he actually installed the interior in our H3 before he was the floor super. He told me the same thing when we first bought out 3 he knew quit a few guys the got all sorts of H3 parts. He gave me their number but some didn'twant to sell the parts they had because they had 3's and the other guys already sold them. So how they got them legal or not there were quit a few guys that got H3 parts when they shut down. Noneof them r in jail. My buddy said one guy actuall got a full adventure set up front and rear end's and the 4:1 transfer case but he can't find the guys number.

My buddy that toldme thishasno reason to lie I have known him for years. That why when I seen this guy selling these parts my first question to him was you must have worked at the shreveport plant when they shut it down. That how I found out he retired from GM.

Now the legality of how they got the parts I don't know. All I know is when they shut down the guys that wanted them took the parts home. It must be somewhat legal if the guy openly tod me he got them from the H3 line when they shut down he wasn't trying to hide anything

Steve #1

F5 makes a good point with going with a good switch. We know these switches are notorious for getting stuck. At least with the stock locker setup if the switch sticks, the locker will unlock when you get up to X MPH.

f5moab

Mr. Beretta
The stolen thing is not absolutly true I actually know a supervisor from the plant that now works in Iowa (I think) he actually installed the interior in our H3 before he was the floor super. He told me the same thing when we first bought out 3 he knew quit a few guys the got all sorts of H3 parts. He gave me their number but some didn'twant to sell the parts they had because they had 3's and the other guys already sold them. So how they got them legal or not (you tell me what I said was NOT true, yet now you say legal or not?) there were quit a few guys that got H3 parts when they shut down. Noneof them r in jail. My buddy said one guy actuall got a full adventure set up front and rear end's and the 4:1 transfer case but he can't find the guys number. (GM allowed someone to take axles and a t/case?)

My buddy that toldme thishasno reason to lie I have known him for years. That why when I seen this guy selling these parts my first question to him was you must have worked at the shreveport plant when they shut it down. That how I found out he retired from GM.

Now the legality of how they got the parts I don't know. All I know is when they shut down the guys that wanted them took the parts home. It must be somewhat legal ('somewhat legal' is that like almost pregnant. Didn't know there was a gray line between legal and non-legal. If you take something without the permission of the owner, it is illegal. And when I say owner, the owners is (or was) General Motors,, not some Union foreman or salaried line supervisor) if the guy openly tod me he got them from the H3 line when they shut down he wasn't trying to hide anything

Good, if he wasn't trying to hide anything that I'm sure if I give the ebay link to an attorney I know at GM and she does some research into the matter, nothing will come of it.

05Mudiak

Okcalm down your getting awlful amped up over absolutly nothing. All I am saying is the H3 line I live 15 mins from in Shreveport (so i can't speak for any other plant anywhere else) that shut down gave parts/let people take parts home. My close friend, yes said front and rear axels and transfer case and he actually said he thinks he got 2 transfer cases thats why he was going to give me his number but couldn't find it. He is a good friend and I have known him for years and he does not lie or exaggerate anything any why would he really.

They had permission now what ever person gave them permission I don't know. When I say somewhat legal, I mean that thier boss said take them (don't know the exact phrase). So if something happens all the have to say is supervisor so n so said take them (explain the whole story ofcourse). Yes that supervisor line manager plant CEO what ever they have in thos eplaces would get in trouble but more than likely the little guys wouldn't.

Funny thing is my bud and this guy I do not know told me the same exact story of them giving the parts away/ letting people take them. Really neither of them really have any reason to lie to me.

Sure give the link to who ever you like if it makes you that upset to turn in someone that is helping out the hummer world, Those parts would have done us (H3 peeps) no good if they were all destroyed, Damn just go buy some of his parts he is selling them for cheap.

Don't understand why your getting so emotional about this:huh:

f5moab

Mr. Beretta
Not emotional, just don't like thieves. Even if our government does not rule by law, I still believe in it.

And, the thought of some union puke being cornered in court does give me a warm and fuzzy feeling (so that might be emotional).
:)
However, I was primarily answering your reply which really confused the hell out of me since one sentence you are implying it was legal and then later saying it might or might not be legal. Honestly, something is either legal or not and even if their supervisor said help yourself, they should have been smart enough to know it was illegal; therefore, they are criminals too - accessories to a crime. (But, since they are most likely union pukes, they might not be smart enough to understand, so I might be incorrect in assuming they are guilty.) (And yes, I have no love for the union and most of the members.)

As for reporting it. Naw, just said that as a joke. I'm sure that GM legal could care less about a few switches; those axles and t/case might be another item though:giggle:. Besides, I believe GM still hires an outside firm to browse all these forums and make note of problems and possible illegal scenarios. One big thing they do bust a lot are people selling illegally made copyright copies of service information. So, if anyone at GM is interested in this conversation it is probably been noted.

Ok, back on subject.....:wink:

05Mudiak

lol I get ya:thumbs:

Well I would assume they already found him on ebay if they r looking he is not trying to hide anything he has multiple aucions and has been selling these part a while now:shifty: