• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

2017 Moab Black Sheep April 16-21

Kurt

Extending my trip by a
Day.

Need to rent a mig welder or get a shop to weld a oversized washer around a cracked collar around one of my steering box studs plus I'm swapping out my idler and pitman arms tomorrow afternoon.

Trucks drivable enough for around town... any ideas on the welding ? Basically a 15 minute job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

rascole

I want to thank Neo for opening up his home and allowing me and lil rascole to camp out at the outpost, thanks for the hospitality.
Thanks to Alrock for organizing the event, trail runs, spotting, and all the help you gave.
Thanks to Bebe and Jeri for the dinners, ugly beans were awesome.
Thanks to Reloder, Speedy, Highatop, & 06H3 for the help on the trail and advice.
Thanks to the rest of the group for having the patience with me being so slow and breaking 2 axles along the way. It was an amazing experience not just for the trail riding but meeting everyone and hanging out. Great group of friends and I look forward to doing it again, sooner rather than later.

Snyways, made it home in 11.5 hours. Not bad timing for 3 fuel stops, 2 food stops, and like Chris said lots of head winds. But, came home to no power or internet, should have stayed another day, lol. Any ways, power and internet is back on and catching up on 245 emails. Time to unpack and clean the 3 then start on modifications round #2. (Re-installing the Rancho extended bump stop brackets)

Kurt

Yeah talked to steve at moab 4x4 outpost, I got the H1 there, they are going to reinforce/reweld that boss for me after lunch... just taking it easy at the hotel. I still owe someone $20 for the bolts yesterday so I'll be at the outpost tonight.

I'll probably put in that new idler I got yesterday then I got all new steering again for the trip home, going to go Flagstaff/Williams AZ then route66/I40 back home and take my time and smell the roses.. haha

Any plans for tonight?

Got the laptop up and going to go through the big camera pics I took for upload.

Kurt

Trucks back up 100% steering is nice and tight, the outpost rewelded both sides of my steering sleeves and replaced all the bolts again to be sure. Looks like my trail idler is pretty tight after all so I'll run it home.

I think everyones doing poison spider today, I'm going to use the last bit of daylight and do a quick run through schaffer pass to grab a few pictures during golden hour then zip back to town. If something is up and the outpost or the condo let me know and I'll swing by.

Highatop

We got home safe and sound. It so nice to see everyone again and meet some new members. We had a blast again, as always. I want to thank everyone for their help on the trail for spotting me and giving me good lines to get up and down the trails. Im hoping for a rear locker before next trip, that should help a lot.

Thanks again all. Ill try and post pics in the other thread. "Long Live Black Sheep"

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Home. But before I got home I detoured to Reloader's to install these take-off tires that were unused in his garage. One of my sidewalls was plugged and one tire was losing 3 psi per hour, so my tires had to go. Reloader wasn't a fan of these Yokohama's so he regains garage space and I don't have to worry about blowouts on the highway.

Thanks to everyone for such a good trip. We had some great trails, dinners and time by the fire. Neo, thanks again for being host to the Black Sheep Hummer Squadron.

i-QsRk4dp-L.jpg

H32NV

thank you for a great trip, sorry we were late for the party. Went back to outpost at 8am saturday to say goodbye, didnt see anyone. Thanks to speedy for the bell housing. Hope to see everyone next year

Kurt

Back home last night, I'll be putting pictures on the other thread, it was nice to put faces behind the names for a lot of folks here.

I did drop some money off Saturday morning to neo for the $20 in bolts that was sent to me on fins and things.

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Spring BSHS week usually starts in Easter Sunday or the 1st day after the end of Easter Jeep Safari week.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk