• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

2017 Moab Black Sheep April 16-21

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
It's time to start planning for your next, or first, trip to Moab. All are welcome, from Hummers to Scorpions to Jeeps to Colorado-based Raptors.

As usual, we'll start on Easter Sunday, April 16, as EJS winds down. Note that because of EJS, if you come on the 15th hotel rates can be high. Besides hotels, there are area campgrounds and you might even get an Outpost permit from Neo himself (PM him for information).

Trails can be mild to wild, depending on the people and rigs that day. Sometimes we split into two groups so we can all have fun, even if we're not set up for hard-core trails. I'm happy to take anyone on milder trails and hopefully 06 H3 will take a break from his career to spend a few days with us and show us his SASsome H3.

Each day usually begins at the Outpost (Neo's house) and ends there with a fire, a few adult beverages and tales of the trail. And yes, it's family and pet friendly.

Get your rig in shape, upgrade it if necessary, ask us about spare parts/tools to carry and come join us in Moab.

Attendee list

WhoPersonsVehicleHomeDates in MoabMoab LodgingConfirmed?
Neo1H1OutpostAll the timeOutpostYes
Alrock1H3AZ16-21CondoYes
Reloader1H3AAZ16-21CondoYes
Jeri1XJAZ16-21CondoYes
Bigunit1H3TAZ16-18?CondoYes
3Hummers2H1/ScorpionTX?Yes
JR3T1H3TAZ!15-?CondoYes
Silverton342JKUIA15-32Yes
Jason1JKUAZCondoYes
Rascole1H3CA16-21?OutpostYes
LagunaH11Magt VognCAYes
Kurt1H1CA16-21Yes
Chris and the TX GangManyJKs, etcTXYes
Battle Rattle (TX Gang)JKTXYes
Bebe and Speedy2N/ACAOutpostYes
DesertH31H3UT17-?OutpostYes
H32NV2H3CA20-23Yes
H3Tbone1RaptorTX
TX Mike1JKTX?Yes
06 H31Grease GunCASat to ThursOutpostYes
Highatop2H3COSun to Sat?Lazy LizardYes

Last edited:

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Black%20Sheep%20April%202016%20%2830%29-L.jpg

Black%20Sheep%20April%202016%20%2856%29-L.jpg

Black%20Sheep%20April%202016%20%2875%29-L.jpg

Black%20Sheep%20April%202016%20%2896%29-L.jpg

Black%20Sheep%20April%202016%20%28133%29-L.jpg

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Been 2 years since I've been there and 3 since squeaky has made it. I think this is doable. Let me finalize some things

Silverton34

Julie and I will arrive on Saturday and be there all week.

BTW, I have another set of 35x12.50/17 Toyo Open Country M/T tires for sale and can bring them to Moab. They are off my current Jeep and four have 4200 miles while the fifth is new. One tire has a plug in the center of the tread, I hate roofing nails. $1,100

Last edited:

rascole

Going to try and make my first one. Since I've never been there, can you post the address where we'll be meeting so I can start planning. Are there hotels nearby or camp grounds?

Last edited:

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Going to try and make my first one. Since I've never been there, can you post the address where we'll be meeting so I can start planning. Are there hotels nearby or camp grounds?

Lots of hotels and campgrounds nearby. Given that it is the last weekend of EJS things might be crowded and expensive the first weekend.

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Neo has been known to let people camp in his backyard and use his spare bathroom for a donation of toilet paper and some cash to help with the water bill.

Kurt

I'm in, I may have a tow rig for the trip, or I'll rent a diesel RV/Motorhome and pull the hummer up for the week. I'll book time off next week.

JPaul

I'd like to go, but we're taking a trip out to NH in June and that'll use up almost all of my time off.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Neo

Badfish

just google "Moab firewood" and it'll bring you right here.

everybody,
Camping will be in the creek now and in the back area behind the concrete, we'll cut a road through there with the bobcat and you guys can clear it out :wink:.

Silverton34

Neo, will there be room for my truck and trailer? Julie is forcing me to stay at a nicer hotel downtown and I don't believe they have parking for trailers.