• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

2017 Moab Black Sheep April 16-21

Kurt

I put in for vacation officially I should have approval soon.

Any suggestions for a RV dock? It looks like I'll be towing my Hummer up with a 40' Pusher RV Coach, and I'm just looking at places with google in Moab. I get the feeling space may be tight that first weekend while EJW wraps up I guess.

Doesn't have to be a specific RV dock can be a lot without provisions as well.

High Five H2

I'll be up in the area that week, but I won't have my H3. Would anyone mind if I rode along on a few trails? It will probably be just 1 or 2 days since I'll be with family.

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
There are always open seats available. Some people bounce from truck to truck for the different experiences. Many of us have traded trucks to drive or just let others drive our vehicles so they can have the experience of a different platform. Good group of people with pretty knowledgeable drivers.

High Five H2

dinosaurs, stinging insects and hummers what a party...

sounds like an old Japanese movie where a city gets destroyed.

There are always open seats available. Some people bounce from truck to truck for the different experiences. Many of us have traded trucks to drive or just let others drive our vehicles so they can have the experience of a different platform. Good group of people with pretty knowledgeable drivers.

sounds good, I need to learn from someone knowledgeable.

Last edited:

persius1

Hey everyone I'll be there from April 16 - 20/21. I'll either camp or be in a hotel. I have a slight oil leak in my 3 that I'm working on plus wanting to upgrade my tires before the trip!

f5moab

Mr. Beretta
I put in for vacation officially I should have approval soon.

Any suggestions for a RV dock? It looks like I'll be towing my Hummer up with a 40' Pusher RV Coach, and I'm just looking at places with google in Moab. I get the feeling space may be tight that first weekend while EJW wraps up I guess.

Doesn't have to be a specific RV dock can be a lot without provisions as well.

Private campgrounds.... in and near Moab....http://discovermoab.com/campgrounds_private.htm

Closest BLM campground is Ken's lake campground ( 38.476678 -109.422643 ). About 7 miles south of NEO's resort. They have two loops, the first loop has sites that should be big enough for a 40 footer. If you are arriving on Easter Sunday you should be able to get a site. I always come down on Easter Sunday and have never had a problem finding a campsite; however, mine is not anywhere as large as your. I usually arrive around 2 PM. No services other than a vault toilet or two.

A lot of people pull out on Sunday AM and head home after jeep week. So never been a problem to find a spot.

There are NO dispersed camping areas in the area around Kens. There are free dispersed sites north of town, either off of Hwy 313 or just north of the Shell station north of town....on Willow Springs Road most is state land and you will see a lot of rigs set up.

rascole

It's time to start planning for your next, or first, trip to Moab. All are welcome, from Hummers to Scorpions to Jeeps to Colorado-based Raptors.

As usual, we'll start on Easter Sunday, April 16, as EJS winds down. Note that because of EJS, if you come on the 15th hotel rates can be high. Besides hotels, there are area campgrounds and you might even get an Outpost permit from Neo himself (PM him for information).

Trails can be mild to wild, depending on the people and rigs that day. Sometimes we split into two groups so we can all have fun, even if we're not set up for hard-core trails. I'm happy to take anyone on milder trails and hopefully 06 H3 will take a break from his career to spend a few days with us and show us his SASsome H3.

Each day usually begins at the Outpost (Neo's house) and ends there with a fire, a few adult beverages and tales of the trail. And yes, it's family and pet friendly.

Get your rig in shape, upgrade it if necessary, ask us about spare parts/tools to carry and come join us in Moab.

Attendee list

WhoPersonsVehicleHomeDates in MoabMoab LodgingConfirmed?
Neo1H1OutpostAll the timeOutpostYes
Alrock1H3AZ16-21CondoYes
Reloader1H3AAZ16-21CondoYes
Jeri1XJAZ16-21CondoYes
Bigunit1H3TAZ16-18?Condo?Yes
3Hummers?H1/ScorpionTX?Yes
JR3T1H3TAZ!15-?
PreferredChassis1ScorpionAZ
Silverton2JKUIA15-32Yes
Jason1JKUAZCondo
Rascole1H3CAOutpost?Yes
LagunaH11Magt VognCAYes
Kurt1H1CA
Oltorf1TX
Chris and the TX GangManyJKs, etcTX
Bebe and Speedy2?CAOutpostYes
DesertH31H3UTOutpostYes
H32NV2H3CA20-22
H3Tbone1RaptorTX
Persius11H3AZ16-21Yes

Just confirmed I'll be driving in Monday late morning.Wife insisted I be home for lunch Easter Sunday and Yes I'd like to stay at the Outpost.

Kurt

I'm 100% in. Got approval this morning for the time off. It'll be me for now but I may have a few tag a longs with other H1's possibly [I'll see of Jo/Franco/Ron/etc are interested in coming].

RV plan is likely out, might stay at a local motel this time around.

16-21st most likely. I'll be bugging out of LA at the crack of dawn on Saturday morning.

Can't wait :D

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Some 2016 pictures
Black%20Sheep%20April%202016%20%2823%29-L.jpg

Black%20Sheep%20April%202016%20%2853%29-L.jpg

Black%20Sheep%20April%202016%20%2876%29-L.jpg

Black%20Sheep%20April%202016%20%28110%29-L.jpg

deserth3

Lol.. yeah, close enough. No I didn't take any pictures. But I should have

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk